Caravan movers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My wife and I have just purchased a new caravan and would like recommendations as to which is the best motor mover to have fitted to the wheels. It is a single axle van of maximum weight of 25 cwt. (ACE ENVOY). However my concern is that the ground clearance is considerably reduced and the van would bottom on speed humps, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Colin

Has a mover for a year on the Ace. Just had it moved to the new Bailey and its never touched a speed bump.

My choice is the Powrtouch as their service is excellent and there when you need it.

Steve

Feb 12, 2006
Visit site
We have recently changed our ageing Truma mover for a Rhyno http://www.rhyno.moonfruit.com/ It's lighter, cheaperm comes with a 5 year guarantee and offers better ground clearance than some of the movers. When we had a problem last year with our Truma unit the guys from Rhyno visited us on site and didn't charge for fixing it. NOR did they try and push their own product at that time. With service like that why go anywhere else...

Good post from Anne elsewhere on the site listing all the major players as well.

Look at them all and go for which ever you feel happiest with. We certainly wouldn't be without ours.

Nick

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin, we have the Truma fitted to our van and have no problems with ground clearance. The majority of posts I have read on this forum Powrtouch seem to have the best reputation certainly for their aftersales service. The Reich mover when you see them fitted on vans does seem to sit very low and certainly looks like it could be damaged by speed ramps.

Dec 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin.

Having previously had one of the old Truma movers, I would recommend a Powrtouch mover.

Recently bought one and it took a little over 2 hours to fit by myself. Good guarantee and back up if needed.

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I have a reich fitted to my Bailey. I thought long and hard about the potentail problem with speed humps, ferry ramps etc, but have never had a problem with it fitted in front of the wheels. I chose Reich based on very good reports on reliabilty and service, and apart from Rhyno they were the lightest. Their warranty is 3 years and R&L Draper fitted ours. Given a choice I would have had it behind the wheels but I wanted to preserve the Alko side lift jacking points and spare wheel carrier. Although the spare wheel tends to travel in the car, or van. Reich make adaptors to allow Alko jacking points to be retained. They don't fit all vans.

Other Clive

Jun 21, 2006
Visit site
I have a Reich on my Bailey too and have had no problems with it. Getting it shifted to my new 07 Bailey when it arrives in the autumn. Wouldn't be without it.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
My Truma mover has been on 2 vans and is hopeless. Anything other than straight forward surfaces it won't go up, including the levelling ramp! It's been back to the dealer so many times now and they say it is fine. (The dealer has been brilliant over evrything else.)

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin

I have a Powrtouch fitted to my Ace Jubilee and have never run in to any trouble with ground clearance. Ace/Powrtouch = great combination.

Pete

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts