Caravan Movers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi folks I would appreciate some help in deciding the best single axle mover to go for. I have found out the the price is much the same for three makes all being around £900/£1000,not being able to to see them I would like your views on this. I have been told the three makes are Truma/Carver, Powe Tuch and Rigch. Thank you Allan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Allan,

I have the POWERTOUCH unit and it is excellent. I had some small problems with it and on each occasion they replaced the relevant part without any problems. From what I have read over the last two years a lot of people go with POWERTOUCH because of their Five year guarantee (Standard- Extra with TRUMA) and the very good staff they have employed. The chap in service is excellent as he treats each customer with respect and helps in any way he can - I know cause I fitted my own unit.

Best of luck, Brian - Dublin

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Allan, I have just ordered a new caravan, and went to the dealer to make some final additions to the things I wanted. I have gone for the Carver mover, having seen both this mover and the Powrtouch in action.

His caravan sales area was pretty full of vans, with the 2005 demonstrators having just arrived, and he was able to drive the caravan around the whole area with millimetre precision, and totally effortlessly, on his own, as he could walk about to check the clearance anywhere he wanted. just to prove how versatile it was, he got IN the van, and drove it round a figure of 8!!!!!!

He is fitting one to my van, including a 110ah battery for

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Damian comments that he uses a 110 AH battery. For your info., this is not necessary for a mover. I fitted a fairly small standard car battery and it works much better than the 110 AH "leisure" battery that was fitted by the dealer. This makes sense as the mover motors are effectively small starter motors and draw a high current for a short period - exactly what a car battery loves and a leisure battery hates. I found the mover to be much "friskier" after changing battery and have had no problems in three years touring, although I do always stay at sites with power hook ups, so don't depend on battery power lights, pumps, etc.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
allan i bought a power touch last year its a long story but i have now ordered a twin axle which is to big for my mover...i rang them up they were most helpfull and i will be ringing them back when i get my new van next year to arrange for an upgrade or part exchange on a new mover..cant sing their praises enough for how helpfull they have been...as far as the mover over the past year its been great wouldnt do without one now..hope this helps you

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Allan, We've been caravanning over 45 years and have some experience. The Powrtouch has a 'soft start' which the others don't have, and you can "inch" the caravan in very tight spaces. You can have DIY fit or their engineer will do it on your drive. We have just had it transferred to our new vaan. Highly recommended. Peter T

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Messagte for Bob, re battery type. a leisure (Traction type) battery is recommended for caravans because of its ability to accomodate the long slow discharge of low power items. Where it is expected to run a mover as well, it needs to be of adequate capacity hence the recommendation of a 110Ah type. A car battery would not perform both tasks as well over the longer term.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts