caravan movers

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
other half's thinking about having a mover installed.we have a single chasis elddis shamel Lx 1999 4 berth.we've just looked at the enduro,any ideas.

thanks lyn

Sep 21, 2008
Visit site
Lyn,

We had a Purpleline Enduro fitted to our Lunar Clubman 475CK late last year - it does everything you need of it and is a boon compared with 'handballing' - the only bit we miss is the soft start offered by other movers, but whether they are worth another 40%+ in cost is debatable.

Cheers

Julie & Stuart

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
You will get lots of opinions on which is best however the bottom line is that they are the best invention ever made IMHO for the caravan. There is no way I would have ever considered coming back into caravanning if it was not for the mover.

I have the Powrtouch3 which does the job nicely - at the end of the day you pays your money and takes your choice.

Best advice is - just do it!

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
We have the Powrtouch 3 fitted to our Challenger, following recommendation on this forum.

It's the best thing we ever bought and worth every penny. Powrtouch after sales service is second to none - they even once sent an engineer out to a CL we were staying on with a replacement part.

Jan 25, 2009
Visit site
we have an Abbey GTS 418 and are thinking of having a mover fitted as we had big problems last year getting onto our slightly up hill pitch on wet grass!

Will we find this easier with a mover fitted?

Any advice welcomed please.

Also whats the best mover to have fitted and from where, as we know some companies fit them at home.

Many thanks

Peter and Angela

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Powrtouch have a network of fully trained fitters. Our mover was fitted by one of them in our driveway at home. He did an excellent neat job of the cables inside the caravan. He was a caravanner too and took pride in doing good job.

If you go on to the Powrtouch website, they have all the info you will need to help you make the right decision on what mover you need for your caravan.

A slight hill on wet grass should not be a problem.

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
LYN i have Reich motor mover with a soft /slow start which meens when you press the remote to start moving your van rather than the van moving fast (they only move at max 3/5mph anyway )it will sound a small buzzer them move off very very slowly so you get ready to move it only 1inch at a time if needed then it moves a dit faster .great bit of kit bit pricy

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
LYN i have Reich motor mover with a soft /slow start which meens when you press the remote to start moving your van rather than the van moving fast (they only move at max 3/5mph anyway )it will sound a small buzzer them move off very very slowly so you get ready to move it only 1inch at a time if needed then it moves a dit faster .great bit of kit bit pricy

May 22, 2006
Visit site
I bought a refurbished Powrtouch from them and fitted myself (simple enough) came with a 3 year warranty. Been on 2 years nowand never had any problems apart from it sometimes sets off my house alarm so I have to have the alarm remote in my pocket just in case. I got the model 1 with soft start which can handle up to 12kg as my vans max weight is 1100kg, makes it very easy to get the van in and out of my garden/allotment behind my house.

Jul 10, 2007
Visit site
Hi all, we are considering the purchase of a T/A Abbey with a Reich 4X4 unit fitted. I believe it was fitted in the last 2 years. Does anyone know of the weight of this mover (reduced payload weight) & have the Reich units always had the soft start/stop facility on them. thanks

May 18, 2006
Visit site
At the end of last season I had a problem getting my van to it's pitch up a wet, slippy incline. I unhooked and used the Powrtouch 3 and reached the pitch slowly but surely.

Oct 1, 2005
Visit site
The Enduro isnt that much cheaper than other models, but it doesn't have the pedigree of the big three, Do you want made in China, or made in GB, or made in Germany, Do you want a no quibble 5 year guarantee, or a rather dodgy not really helpful not that truthful non existent dealer back up, 2 year guarantee,

Post heavily edited to remove all advertising.

I suggest that the poster READS the forum etiquette before posting in future.

Damian (Moderator)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts