caravan movers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi james the best buy i have found is the powerwheel 5 year guarantee and is higher of the ground than other models have one myself after 20 years with a van now i would not have a van without one best of luck paul

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
James, I can beat Paul with 45 years caravanning, but I have nothing but praise both for the Powrwheel itself and the firms service and attitude. I have tried the powered jockey wheels and micro tractors, but the fitted unit is much more useful as you can, if you wish, use it away from home (where you will have left the other types). The Powrwheel also has a slow start so you can really "inch" your 'van in tight spots.

Peter T

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi James,

Just bought a new van and had a Powrtouch fitted as my wife is disabled and cannot assist with moving the van in any way. If it wasnt for this mover, we coul dnot even contemplate having the van, it is brilliant, well worth the money, the van can be moved with millimeter precision.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi James,

I am the Sales Director for Powrtouch. Should you be interested in purchasing a unit from us, please contact me on 01425 623123 and i will personally take care of your order.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi James. We had a heavy duty power touch fitted in January and would definatley recommend them. Fitting was undertaken at the storage compound and the after sales service has been excellent. The unit comes with a standard no quibble guarantee (most other es have 3 years extendable to 5 years for a fee) and not only is it a great asset for positioning the van normally, we have been able to use some pitches at sites which we would not have manoeuvred the van onto otherwise.

Give them a call to find out which shows they will be at and you can not only go along and get a demonstration but also when we purchased ours at the Milton Keynes show we got the power bar free. I believe that they usually do an offer at each show.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi James, Im in the same boat myself and have looked at all the different types. Hitch types are ok if you just want to move it off and on your drive but the ones that attach to a jockey wheel point may damage the chassis if not used correctly. The three main movers Carver/Truma, Powertouch and Reich seem to be the best. Carver/Truma hasnt got a soft start so I personally would discount that one. Reich and Powertouch both have soft starts which will not give sudden movement so you have more controll initially. The only thing I can see between the two is their weight. Powertouch is 39 kgs and Reich 27 Kgs both approx. Depending on where you live, there is an agent for Reich who will come and fit it at your premises, I think he also fits powertouch but isnt an authorised agent for them. Powertouch seem to get very good recomendations from all who have one but its just the weight that Im conserned about. This may be why you get a 5yr Guarantee as the motors may be far superior than the Reichs? Powertouch will match any other dealers price for their mover so have a look at this site, http://www.mobilemovers.co.uk/ as he is only a short distance from me I may go for a Reich but then again!!!!!

Good Luck Brian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I personally disagree with others who extole the virtues of soft start. I have a Carver (Truma) and it is MUCH easier to "nudge" my van into awkward spaces (or up to the back of the car) than my friend's van, which has soft start. Problem with soft start is that it accelerates just as you are thinking it's time to stop! I guess you would get used to it. On a different topic, don't be talked into an expensive, massive, leisure battery. A small car battery is much more effective and cheaper. After all, leisure batteries are designed for long-term, small discharge. A car battery is designed for massive loads and fast recharging. The mover uses two motors similar to car starter motors, hence you need a battery that can deliver quite a wallop without self-destructing. So, unless you need to run your caravan electrics on site for long periods without a hook-up, try using a car battery (I use one out of a Metro). In my experience the mover is much "friskier" with the car battery and I have had no problems in 3 years, including 3, 6 week tours of France.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts