Caravan radio.

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Just spent Easter hols in Woolacombe.Whilst there i fitted a car radio in the van and speakers under the front seats.Plugged the aerial into the status aerial and got a superb reception.Even had a good reception without the aerial plugged in.I've posted a topic about fitting a radio before and got reply's saying that you get a bad reception and it shouldn't be done.I say to anyone wanting to fit a radio,do it.It only took me about an hour or so.The only pain is trying to feed the wires behind the panels so that it all looks neat and tidy.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Many car radios also need an isolating switch to replicate the car's ignition switch; something my new van was not wired with and the radio even when "off" flatted the battery pretty quickly!

Now sorted by me and its only pulling 2 or 3 milliamp when "off" instead of 330 !!!

Performance wise its very good but it appears to have a separate internal aerial embedded somewhere in the build of the van; its not connected to the Status.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

The quality of reception you get will depend very much on the available signal in the area where the caravan is located.

Just as a pointer, I used to live only half a mile from where I live now. I my old house I used to get all 4 major land based stations with out and aerial plugged into my TV. The same TV in mu current house needed a high gain aerial and an amplifier in line to get a decent signal.

So on some sites you may find you need an external aerial to get even basic radio reception.

eail

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts