Caravan Reliability

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
We are considering buying our first new caravan. Bailey and Lunar are on our list of potential purchases. Are these manufacturers considered good in terms of water ingress, component failures and overall build quality?

If not, who else is recommended?

Many thanks

MM

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No one manufacture is generally better than another, the problem is that the consistency of product is just not there. Two apparently identical caravans from the same production line, may have entirely different reliability outcomes.

The problem is that their quality control systems are not tight enough.

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
If reliabiliy and quality are top of your list I dont think you will improve on German vans from Hymer Fendt or Hobby although they will be heavier than the UK equivilant. In my opinion whilst UK designs and layouts are better they come nowhere near for quality.

Dave

Apr 25, 2008
Visit site
If reliabiliy and quality are top of your list I dont think you will improve on German vans from Hymer Fendt or Hobby although they will be heavier than the UK equivilant. In my opinion whilst UK designs and layouts are better they come nowhere near for quality.

Dave
very true

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
I would go for a German make, if I knew of a good dealership. That, I feel is the key issue.

However, John L has hit the nail on the head. Any sensible manufacturer would realise that at this time and build a good customer base.

At least Swift seem to be addressing this.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
hrmmm there is one mainstream uk manufacturer that is more than equal to the german makes !, Coachman caravans are regarded by all the major magazines as the best you can buy in britain (without spending

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Money aside, you must make sure you buy from a dealer who has a good reputation. Personally I've had Swift , Elddis and Baileys . All of them have had minor issues but nothing the supplying dealer couldn't fix.

Layout is important. What do you have in mind. If you let us know where you are geographically I am sure some good dealer names will be mentioned.

Cheers

Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts