Caravan Rental

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Dear all.... I am a new addition to this forum and a returner to caravanning. Ten years ago myself and my wife had a major accident when towing which resulted in both of us and our young children being taken to hospital and both the car and our pride and joy of a caravan being taken to the scrap yard.
We are not sure whether we can ever tow again, but we miss caravanning, particularly when it is pouring with rain and we are stuck in a damp tent.
Would anyone be interested in hiring out your caravan for a reasonable fee. We would need it dropping at a site, but we would happy to pay an additional fee for this service.
Thanks for your feedback.

David

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi sorry to hear of your bad experiance, there are companies that will do just what you are discribing. I have seen them in the Ebay listings.
I dont know if anyone on here would want to do it as it raises all sorts of compliation over insurance as it would be for hire/ reward, you never no though.
Hopes this helps.
All the best to you and yours

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I would be willing to discuss this matter with you in regard to renting out our caravan but it would depend upon when you would be looking at using the van and whereabouts in the country you would want to be - we live in the north east of england - it may prove too expensive for the van to be delivered to the site you want to be at.
hope this of some use

Kevin

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
why not just hire a static ,nearly every site has them,I sympathise with your experience,it is constantly on my mind with the uncertain weather conditions we keep experiencing

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi sorry to hear about this, it must be difficult.
you obviously still drive as you mentioned camping in a tent. have you thought about a motor home???

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi David
The hiring of a privately owned caravan might allow you to have a caravan holiday but the underlying issue would remain unresolved.
Your terrible experience has left you unwilling to tow again but have you ever considered taking towing lessons to give you the confidence to tow a caravan once more?
Both main clubs offer towing courses but your vehicle needs to be equipped for towing. There are many privately run driving schools who offer courses using their vehicles and trailers and the cost might not exceed the cost of hiring a tourer for a holiday.
I can understand and sympathise with your reluctance to tow but don't forget that modern tourers have traction control, shock absorbers and better towing characteristics than those of ten years ago.
A course with a qualified driving instructor could rebuild your confidence, if it isn't a success then at least you tried and will know for sure that towing a caravan is no longer for you but with the right instruction who knows?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Do you live not to far from Grafham Water ( near Huntingdon), I know a chap who hires out caravans delivers and collects from sites.
Have not used this sevice myself, He also does minor repairs when I am on site at Ferry Meadows .
Royston

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your posting. We have considered hiring statics, but the types of site they are often found on tend to be larger than we like. This was why we thought about hiring a tourer.

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Kevin
Thanks for your kind offer. We are in Oxfordshire and ideally we were hoping for something towards the South Coast, but I hear the North East is stunning. If I may I will keep your offer in mind and come back to you shortly when we finally sort out what we are going to do.

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
No problem, feel free to get back in touch any time.
I hope you are able to get back into caravanning in some form, as a recent convert I can't believe it took me and my wife so long to realise what a great way of getting away for a break it provides - although my teenage son might not always agree !!!
All the best
Kevin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts