Caravan service

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Just booked a full caravan service for March by a mobile engineer and the full service is £175.00, I know the person in question and they are very good at what they do ,

Reactions: DaveA1

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Just booked a full caravan service for March by a mobile engineer and the full service is £175.00, I know the person in question and they are very good at what they do ,
Please let us know how you get on, and if the engineer does a good job you can share their details if you want to

Feb 13, 2020
Visit site
Lucky you all, our local mobile charges £280 and the local guys who are brilliant charge around £300

They should all know what they are doing, 'brilliant' or not. And not charge more for the accolade. I've never paid more than about £175 for an approved mobile workshop service.

I know a good one that covers East Lancs, and over the border into West Yorkshire, if anyone needs one. Also another where i am now, covering the Rushden/ Wellingborough area.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Im in Northamptonshire and own a Twin axle van I have an excellent Service Engineer he Charges £110 for a T/A van and is very thorough with his work. He is also a good engineer for repairs too I would recommend him to anybody who lives in the Northants or service area
Sir Roger

Feb 13, 2020
Visit site
Im in Northamptonshire and own a Twin axle van I have an excellent Service Engineer he Charges £110 for a T/A van and is very thorough with his work. He is also a good engineer for repairs too I would recommend him to anybody who lives in the Northants or service area
Sir Roger

Wow, thats a steal! (Unless its £110 per axle. ;) ).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Each mobile engineer will probably need somewhere to keep a parts stock and park their vehicle, Fuel and other costs can varies a lot across the country, so their overhead will also vary and that has to be reflected in their charges.

The competition and mergers authority would also be very suspicious if all engineers charges were identical, it might suggest price fixing which is illegal.

As with engaging builders, and insurance you should if possible seek out several quotes and choose the one that seems best value This isn't always necessarily the cheapest.

Feb 13, 2020
Visit site
I completely get what you are saying prof. To a degree, some parts of the country will be more expensive. But I also think some traders 'try it on'. You just have to shop around, as you suggest. Also based on recommendations.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts