Caravan Servicing Survey

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
How many caravaners continue to sevice there vans after first year at main dealer and pay there high prices for the service ie £200 for a Bailey Senatore Wyoming.

Do you go to an independant non franchise £130 for same van.

Do you service it yourself not to hard if you have the room.

Or do you not service at all and do repairs as they appear.

Iknow you affect the warranty on a new van but what do you fellow caravaners do?.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
if you have a bailey wyoming under bailey warranty then you must get it serviced in line with bailey requirements at a Bailey dealer or your warranty will be invalid. Of course this does nort apply if it was bought as a used van with an insurance company backed warranty.ALSO you need to look long and hard at the credentials of the mobile guys or even some on site dealers.Are you getting a full damp report? If they do find a problem can they actually fix it? Do they offer any guarantees with their work? Personally, having just shelled out 11 grand on a new bailey I wouldn't now be wanting to go to cowboy joe to get it serviced what's the point? To save yourself 50 quid but gain a load of headache? My dealer - Read's at Blackburn has just won Practical Caravan dealer of the Year for the North of England so they are obviously doing something right so I will definitely be asking them to service my van and know that it will be right when I get it back.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
if you have a bailey wyoming under bailey warranty then you must get it serviced in line with bailey requirements at a Bailey dealer or your warranty will be invalid. Of course this does nort apply if it was bought as a used van with an insurance company backed warranty.ALSO you need to look long and hard at the credentials of the mobile guys or even some on site dealers.Are you getting a full damp report? If they do find a problem can they actually fix it? Do they offer any guarantees with their work? Personally, having just shelled out 11 grand on a new bailey I wouldn't now be wanting to go to cowboy joe to get it serviced what's the point? To save yourself 50 quid but gain a load of headache? My dealer - Read's at Blackburn has just won Practical Caravan dealer of the Year for the North of England so they are obviously doing something right so I will definitely be asking them to service my van and know that it will be right when I get it back.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Whilst under warranty I took my van back to the dealer (big one near Guilford) but thought that the cost was high and the quality was mediocre. After warranty I have used a local independent guy (MK Caravans, near Southend) and have been delighted at the attention paid to even small detail, the inexpensive cost and the friendliness of service. I know what I prefer but, you pays your money and you takes your choice.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Like Zbungle I used my dealer while the 'van was under warranty. They were "average" to say the least.As soon as I could, I went back to my local (mobile) repairer, (Caravan Care Services, in the Castleford/Pontefract area)

Alan does a thorough job,nothing is missed and he does not charge the earth for a superb service. I have the 'van done every year, and know it will be A1 every time.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bill, You can also go to an "Approved Workshop". In my area Autovan Services at Wimborne and Avonbridge at Sandleheath nr Fordingbridge can, and will, do the full servicing and also warranty work, approved by Bailey (and other makes). Shop around, see adverts in mag!.

Peter T

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bought my Bailey Pageant Majestic from Barrons at Coppull in 2000 and have had it serviced each year by them since. The services have cost no where near

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Agree with Peter T. Due to dealer close down I lost my nearest service point. Contact the makers and get written assurance that warranty will be valid if service is done by NCC approved service agent (if they refuse, take up the matter with NCC). Thereafter find such an agent. I paid just over

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
FACT - the legal warranty on all products lies with the retailer who sold you the product - not the manufacturer. A retailer cannot avoid liability if the product is not "as described and, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. (The Sale of Goods Act 1979). Regardless of manufactuers statements, always contact your supplier in the event of some failure - even if it may more than 12 months old!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We bought our van new and like others had it serviced at the dealers for the first time. We then switched to a mobile service who is fantastic, and half the price. This was not our only cosideration though. When we collected the van, the sliding roof blinds wouldn't stay closed and there was very poor reception on the tv aerial. We returned the van for remedial work and next time out the faults were just the same. Turned out that clips were missing on the roof blinds (and always had been) and the tv aerial had never been connected. the wire inside was missing. Obviously we had wasted our time taking the van back to the so called 'experts'. We demanded and got compensation. I won't name and shame this dealer but that is the reason I moved away.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When I purchased my Avondale in 2002 it came with a 5 year warranty. To keep the warranty "active" there are strict servicing requirements - one of which is for servicing by recognised Avondale dealer.

I pay approx

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts