caravan site operators or highway robbers?:

I went to the hospital last night to visit someone who is in the coronary care unit at Glenfield Hospital Leicester and she told me this little story. A lady was admitted to the unit on the 15th April 2009 after suffering a heart attack in her touring caravan whilst away for a break over the Easter period. The site owner/operator (I don't know if they are both or what) demanded the 3 days rent there and then for the 3 days that the van will be on site until her family can pick it up and remove it from the site. She was unable to pay it as she was so unwell and guess what they did later that day? Turned up at the hospital to get the money from her family as they were there visiting her. Now is that good or what????????????

Had they done that to me I would have hit the roof. Just thought that you would like to hear that.

I know they have to make a living but that is..................well, I don't think that I need to say more.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That's terrible. However, when I first started reading your post, I thought you were going to type that the site person towed the caravan to the hospital and plonked it there but I guess he'd want extra for that.

I wish I knew which site it was.

Lisa

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
I can't believe that anyone would visit the hospital to pick up a mere three days rent especially as the van was on their property. They could have found an easier way to recover the money.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well more praise for a cc site, I was about to depart when my wife suddenly collapsed, the wardens rang for the ambulance, stayed 24hrs within the hospital, whilst my wife was in their they looked after our dog, cancelled all my forward bookings for me so that i would not be blacklisted, allowed me stay as long as I needed, pay them when I was able, we stayed for 8 days,

royston

TRENDING THREADS