Caravan site that takes dogs nearish to Plymouth

May 10, 2007
Visit site
We are looking for a small caravan site that takes dogs nearish (max 20 miles) to Plymouth. We would like a site that has a good pub within walking distance (that also allows dogs)which does food / real ale etc. We would prefer the site to be near the coast rather than inland. We are members of the c&cc. We are looking to go mid August.

Thanks

Liz

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Try Plymouth Sound CC site. There is a dog walk at the side, The Mussel Inn is down the road and the SW Coastal path is about 1/2 mile away down a hill, which you have to walk back up!

The pub is mediocre I think. There is a newspaper/ milk shop on the way to the pub.

It is about 5 miles outside Plymouth, it has electric but no toilet block. Also view of Plymouth Sound.

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
We have just put our caravan on a seasonal pitch in South Devon, Old Cotmore Farm. The site is quite small, 20 seasonal pitches and 10 touring pitches. There is a large field for dogs, dogs do have to be on a lead in the main site but you can use the field to let them have a run, play ball, chase other dogs etc. It is only 1-2 miles from 2 beaches, Torcross and Beesands, both are pebbles but dog friendly all year. There are two dog friendly pubs serving very good local food. The only downside is that the lanes are very narrow to walk to the pubs. I did a seach on a route planner and it is 27 miles from Plymouth so may be too far away.

May 10, 2007
Visit site
Try Plymouth Sound CC site. There is a dog walk at the side, The Mussel Inn is down the road and the SW Coastal path is about 1/2 mile away down a hill, which you have to walk back up!

The pub is mediocre I think. There is a newspaper/ milk shop on the way to the pub.

It is about 5 miles outside Plymouth, it has electric but no toilet block. Also view of Plymouth Sound.
Thanks for your help, but we want a toilet block. Also we really want a good pub nearby.

May 10, 2007
Visit site
We have just put our caravan on a seasonal pitch in South Devon, Old Cotmore Farm. The site is quite small, 20 seasonal pitches and 10 touring pitches. There is a large field for dogs, dogs do have to be on a lead in the main site but you can use the field to let them have a run, play ball, chase other dogs etc. It is only 1-2 miles from 2 beaches, Torcross and Beesands, both are pebbles but dog friendly all year. There are two dog friendly pubs serving very good local food. The only downside is that the lanes are very narrow to walk to the pubs. I did a seach on a route planner and it is 27 miles from Plymouth so may be too far away.
Thanks for your help. I've had a quick look at their website and it seems just what we are looking for.

Liz

TRENDING THREADS