Caravan sites in Hampshire

BryonySymes

Administrator
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello again,

I need your help again! What are your favourite places to stay in Hampshire? I'd particularly like to know about hidden-away sites and CL/CS locations.

As Hampshire is one of my personal favourite counties, I'd really like your help with this.

Thanks,

Bryony

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
All Cl's around the Platford, Wellow area are pretty good.

From memory they're all okay in the Hordle area but there were some there that access for our size unit would be difficult.

We were happy with the following;

Cherwell Leys Fm, Fordingbridge, CL
Lower Tye Fm, Hayling Island, CL
Homefield, Hordle, CL
Pyesmead Fm, Romsey, CL

Our absolute favourite used to be Stock Lane Farm, (Entered under Salisbury, Wiltshire but in Hants) CL

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
We find some "charm" in all these and several more, depends on what part of our big and varied County you seek and what you seek from them;

Warren Park Farm a CS just outside of Fordingbridge and it now has EHUs.
Fair View Farm, a CL just out of Stockbridge.
College Farm near Cheriton if you want and can fund, "up-market".

For the New Forset,
Furzehill Farm South Gorley nr Fordingbridge.
Airview Farm, Mockbegger, Under Ringwood.

Edit: if I dare say it on a different forum, the reviews under "ukcampsites" I find a good guide to what to expect.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We stayed here four years ago so we could attend my aunts funeral in Fareham.
The site, CC in those days, was excellent and it had a half decent dog walk. We had a spacious pitch , not overlooked as such. Not quite a holiday resort for me but very pleasant all the same. A lot of people were one nighters awaiting or returning from the French Ports. As with the CC the facilities were excellent.
Rookesbury Park Caravan Club Site ,Hundred Acres Road, Wickham, Fareham, Hampshire, PO17 6JR

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Lytton Lawns near Milford on Sea. We use this in the autumn and winter. Spent Xmas there in 2015. Full service pitches plus sister site facilities including indoor pool. The avatar is taken at Xmas there :p

Taddiford Farm CL, Milford on Sea

Holmesley the former airfield.

Lots of basic camping in the forest sites.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hill Cottage Farm Fordingbridge . Excellent site spacious pitch everything you need on the hook up post. Owners exceptionally helpful and will even help you onto your pitch Five stars from me .Only one thing with this site if you decide to go there The Sat Nav takes you round the back of the pub in the village so beware. .
Sir Roger.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Setthorns in the New forest, EHU or completely off grid as there are no toilets or showers. Ashurst camping in the Forest site, No EHU but has showers and stuff and you get the added bonus of the animals walking through (so don't leave and food out). the down side of the New forest sites is the large number of tents that crowd in over the Bank Holidays and peak season. Great for Kids to run around though and right next to a couple of decent enough pubs.

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
Have to agree with a couple of other posters re forest sites, Longbeech is really back to nature, Cdp and freshwater only! Really idyllic. Ocknell is fascinating as an ex ww2 airfield, has toilets, wash basins, Cdp, freshwater and pot wash.
Hope this helps
Indythedog

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Aĺl been there, and done it, started oldest son in VW Transporter at 10, then progressed him to a series 3 Landrover at 11, all in Nigeria over Sand dunes, and through bush lands. He still didn't pass his test first time. Numpty.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Aĺl been there, and done it, started oldest son in VW Transporter at 10, then progressed him to a series 3 Landrover at 11, all in Nigeria over Sand dunes, and through bush lands. He still didn't pass his test first time. Numpty.

I was reversing and parking the caravan by about 12. Why can't I do it now? :woohoo:

Lucy moved the car around for me 3 or 4 times at the weekend but of course she really needs to be practicing in the other one for her clutch control.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts