Caravan sites in the Vendee

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Hello All
We have recently returned to caravanning and have never taken a caravan abroad. We have a holiday to Greece booked already for this summer so have been looking at going to France next year with the caravan. I have been looking at the Vendee region because from research people generally advise the weather is a bit better than say Brittany. We will be doing the short crossing either tunnel or ferry and then will probably stay a couple of nights somewhere on the drive down. There are so many sites and so I thought I would ask if anyone has a favourite so I can narrow down my search. We no longer have children coming with us so we don't need any facilities for them but we would like a bar and/or restaurant and a pool. I like pitches separated by hedges more than an open feel site and would prefer a fully serviced pitch. I love planning and researching my holidays hence the early question!! Also we have to travel in August so any general advice would be great.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We like going to La Falaise in La Turballe. Has indoor swimming pool and water taps on each pitch. Also an ACSI site so about €20 a night. It is right on the beach and dogs are allowed on the beach. Within easy walking distance is a big Super U which is across the road from the campsite. Not far from St Nazaire and other beaches. Plenty to see and do around the area.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
jallin said:
Thanks any recommendations for that region? I do like warmer weather for my main holiday

We have used La Tournerie three times near Montignac. No pool no bar but some nice restaurants nearby and blissful quiet with big night sky.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I also can recommend the same site, and the area has so much to do. The weather can be very warm, but in july, it can be quite crowded. Early or late summer is best, before or after the main hols.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Le Moulin du blueford. https://www.bleufond.com/, just outside of Montignac, lovely town lots of things to see.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We live in the West Midlands and miss the sea a lot as spent most of my life living near the sea. We find a site near the beach where it is warm and not bothered too much about sight seeing. Even in Europe once you see one church, you have seen them all. Same applies to castle etc. Prefer a boring life soaking up the sun by the pool or sea instead of rushing around in a hot car to see sights. :lol:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts