Caravan sites near Sorento and Amalfi

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Well Gino D’Acampo has a lot to answer to with his recent Coastal Escape particularly around the Amalfi Coastline! Has anyone toured this part of Italy? It has as yet remained undiscovered to us despite touring extensively throughout Italy over the years. Picking the right site we know can be tricky especially for a larger outfit (we have a 7.5m Coachman) with Italy having notoriously small pitches. Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Thanks Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have camped twice at Camping International Nube D'Argento just on the outskirts of Sorrento. However, access is very tight. Once off the main road, you have to negotiate a series of z-bends down a steep hill to get to the reception and the touring slots. (look on Google maps) I have a Santa Fe and a Fendt 7.03m caravan and both on the way in and out, I had very little margin on one of the bends (10 cms!!) but with a bit of toing and froing, we managed without having to unhitch. However, if you took it very slowly it might be possible. There were bigger permanent caravans than mine there. Having said that, I had nightmares for weeks before going back. Also the drive from the autostrada to Sorrento can be a bit hairy - rather like dodgems meets F1 meets 'wacky races'! If you get Parky or one of the other moderators to give you my email address, we could talk better offline. It is worth persevering - the whole area is stunning. If you don't manage to get in touch, I would caution driving the Amalfi coast. You will spend all your time avoiding hazards and traffic (breathing in on many occasions) while your passenger(s) will enjoy the stunning views. Much better to settle somewhere and take the bus.

Regards,

Bob

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
We did the Amalfi coast a few years ago. Stunning.

Granitti in Ravella overlooking Capri is a great afternoon :p

Difference being we drove out in a BMW Z3 roadster. Roof down for the whole trip. You just have to drive confidently and stare down other drivers. Having the roof and windows down helped with the clenched fist gestures etc :evil:

Beware of pickpockets.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts