Caravan stereo

Oct 4, 2006
Visit site
Hi all,

I've recently bought an Abbey 216 GTS and I'm looking to fit a stereo, can anyone recommend a car stereo/CD player and suitable car speakers please.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would go along to Halfords or Motorworld and see what they have on offer.

I would install the unit in a cupboard and the speakers in the bsse of a roof locker pointing downwards as you will be below the level when sitting down.

Sep 30, 2006
Visit site
Don't forget to get the speakers 'in phase'. One wire of the pair will be marked (with a white band or similar). All you need to do is make sure both speakers are wired identically.

Good luck

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ron could you see me yesterday with one speaker on the blink and all that spaghetti!!

Another point to bear in mind when wiring is to wire direct from the caravan battery via an inline fuse as in post 1996ish vans the habitation relay will wipe the radio memory every time you hook up to the car.

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
I absolutely wouldn`t buy from Halfords.

The last time I went in I got run over by a couple of the pimply youths they employ racing push-chairs around the store.

Prior to that I asked why their catalogue showed differing size wiper blades for my daughters Polo depending on manufacturer, and which is correct? "Dunno,buy the cheapest" Right.

And when we went to buy an MP3 compatible unit for the same car I gave up after 15 minutes as the `assistants` were all too busy joking with their chavvy mates (who weren`t buying anything) to talk to anyone actually wanting to spend 150 quid.

It`s obvious that this lot are in Halfords as they are otherwise unemployable.

I would suggest going to a decent independent store, they will be able to answer your questions in an intellegable manner and will actually appreciate your custom.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
I would recommend getting one with an MP3 CD player (with ID tagging)

You can get appx 10-15 albums or 140-220 tracks on a CD and the display wil let you see what you are playing with the ID tagging.

I carry around 3000 tracks on CDs in one of those square CD wallets and all my original CDs stay in pristine condition in a box at home.

A good free programme for converting and ripping audio files is DBPowerAmp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts