Caravan stolen -caravan storage??

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
started a new thread on this matter as to get attention.

on recent comments on storage ie:farm land & poor security, as me a bit grumpy with you're smug comments.

we are new to the caravan world & having just bought a twin axle 25ft van there is no way it can go in my garden-drive.

it's brought to the attention that you should go on a casso gold storage site, this would be bliss for me but no chance becouse there is a 2yr waiting list to go on such a site (yes ive put my name down)so what's the alternative what choice do i or other van owners have on the matter.

i live in the north west (manchester)so if anybody knows of a quick

way of getting on a gold site then plese share you're wisdom.

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
well said moses...not thee, never mind !

My new Bailey provance is kept on a farm although undercover. The farmer his missus and their daughter all live there. He keeps his own van and all his other 'toys' in the barn as well as another eight or so caravans.

I feel the security is good as there is always someone around, my insurance company are quite happy with the location and so am I. And for this pleasure I pay

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
We have the same problem as Moses - a large twin axle van. It would fit on our drive, but then one of our cars wouldn't! Also the van does stick out like a sore thumb and I would not want to look at it every day so I wouldn't expect my neighbours to have to! We will be bringing it home to get ready for trips. We store it ON A FARM a very busy working farm in a really dry biulding where other vans boats and some household contents are stored. The farmhouse is very close it is bone dry and as secure as it can be. I think if a thief wants to get something he will get it whether its outside your house or under lock and key. I pay

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
I dont know about Gold storage but if you put "caravan storage" in the web search there seems to be plenty around Manchester/Cheshire. I dont know how much difference my insurance would be if I were on a Gold site but they seem quite happy with my current arrangements

I store mine 20 miles away as its the only place with secure storage and cameras. Its within a mile of the M6 in Cumbria so its handy for weekend breaks to the lake district.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
On the other thread the van had been damaged during a theft at the storage facility, I would expect the facility to pay for the damage and any claim to be off of them.

I've heard of a variety of bumps and scrapes being done in storage. At one caravan site that offered secure storage as well the site owners got it out and washed down and parked for the clients to collect or use on site, the owner reversed one van into a wall smashing the rear panel window and lights. He hit into other vans with a long T/A damaging that as well and on another visit the chap cleaning down the van damaged the door in the wind and then scraped another van on a tree that he was taking into storage.

In Ireland last year a chap found damage to his van from what he believed to be from another vans door in storage.

I don't have the problem, but have wondered how others find storage as I've also heard of serious damage by mice in storage facilities.

Mar 31, 2006
Visit site
Can anyone let me know the name of such an Insurance Company that will cover storage (inside with the barn locked and alarmed) on working farms that are not CASSOA registered. The ones I tried wouldnt - but my brother in law will let me keep it there - which is great for us - free,dry and convenient. Thx.

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi Our van is kept on a farm which is not CASSOA reg. We are insured with Adrian Flux based in Kings Lynn Norfolk tel 08700 764841. Our van only has a wheel clamp and is kept in a locked building. I went with this company as the previous owner of the van was insured with them, they were the cheapest and didn't insist the van was alarmed. Hope this helps. Denise

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Denise, beware of Adrian Flux. My son insured his vehicles with that company for a good while. Being of the age where he changed his car every six months or so, they charged him

Mar 23, 2006
Visit site
I prefer our van to be in storage rather than on the drive,not only does it give us more parking but sunlight as well! I would also be worried that if your van is always parked on your drive, when it's not (ie on holiday)you are letting people know that you are not at home. Just a thought!

Julie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts