Caravan Table

Sep 27, 2021
Visit site
I find the standard caravan table supplied with my Swift 590 to be too heavy and unstable for outside use. Does anybody have a suitable lightweight alternative that would fit in the existing storage place ?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We found the same, and on one trip to France Found a Lafuma, table with a larger top area, and adjustable legs for a great price, but, it weighed the same. So summer touring we take the Lafuma Winter we take the original that stows under the bed.
Edit the Lafuma does not fit under the bed, so goes in the back of the Santa Fe vertical behind the Rear seats

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We would leave the OEM table at home and had a lightweight camping table that folded flat. It didn’t go into the normal stowage so travelled on the rear bed. It was a tight fit if used in the front lounge but most times it was in the awning or outside. Winter we just took the OEM table. Being heavy it lowered my noseweight for a nose heavy cara van.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We brought a Kampa Dometic zero light oak effect folding ultralight camping table with adjustable legs ours was medium but you can get a large size includes carry bag .

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I find the standard caravan table supplied with my Swift 590 to be too heavy and unstable for outside use. Does anybody have a suitable lightweight alternative that would fit in the existing storage place ?

Several years ago we bought a lightweight aluminum table with adjustable legs and ditched the heavyweight table saving about 8kgs to added to our payload. The table folds up into a small bag. (y) :D

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We bought a lightweight table from a camping shop for use outside for very little. There are plenty about but if you have legs at the corners it does tend to make getting into position a problem if using the caravan lounge. If you do get a able do keep the caravan one safe as you will need this when you sell the caravan.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts