Caravan Toilet Flush Funnel

Rio

Jul 12, 2022
Visit site
This funnel was Pick of the Month in the August 2022 magazine. We were eager to try it out and ordered it straight away. Unfortunately it didn't fit our 2018 Coachman VIPO 460. We were disappointed and contacted Kevin Kirk who explained that he had produced it to fit Thetford toilets and the toilet in our van was a Dometic. There was no quibble in returning and refunding. However he has now designed one to fit a Dometic toilet and sent us a prototype to try out. It fits like a glove and we are very happy with it, as we are with the excellent customer service delivered by this small company. This is such a simple idea which works well. If you, like us, have a Dometic toilet, it may be worth e-mailing Kevin to see how the production is getting on. You won't regret it.

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
I've got one - only used it on one trip so far but it does make filling the flush tank much easier.

As I said in my Amazon review, just occasionally a caravan gadget comes along that's a well-thought-out solution to a real issue, and this is one such: OK, as OtherClive suggests it was never that big a real issue, but this was the first time I'd been able to fill the flush tank without spilling water all down the side of the caravan, the floor, and my shoes, so personally I think it's work the fairly minor cost of the funnel.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I fill up the toilet flush tank using a small watering can from the pound shop.
Easy peasy 😜
The other benefit of a small watering can is that we could water our plants as sometimes in spring i had plants coming on that I wanted to take care of. Also in France we would pick up oleanders, bougainvillea and Gaura as to buy them here was expensive. The watering can would be used for its intended purpose.

Reactions: Parksy
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I did a job at a hauliers HGV yard and there was a load of empty ADBLUE containers, perfect for filling the toilet flush as it had a tube that’s about 15 inches long that screwed onto the top, I picked up a couple and I’ve been using it for a couple of years since.

BP

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I did a job at a hauliers HGV yard and there was a load of empty ADBLUE containers, perfect for filling the toilet flush as it had a tube that’s about 15 inches long that screwed onto the top, I picked up a couple and I’ve been using it for a couple of years since.

BP
I’ve seen someone even using a 5 litre fuel container with screw on nozzle which he had painted pink.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Like Parksy here’s our faithful Red watering can👍

Attachments

• 1768064F-8D07-42A9-8253-37FFD0CF3672.jpeg
    1768064F-8D07-42A9-8253-37FFD0CF3672.jpeg
    289.8 KB · Views: 14
Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
I went cheap and cut the bottom off a small plastic drinks bottle. It's multifunction as I also use it to top up screen wash in my car

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I went cheap and cut the bottom off a small plastic drinks bottle. It's multifunction as I also use it to top up screen wash in my car
I always used a 2 litre coke bottle to preload the Thetford with new fluid after its clean out. It also got used when emptying the flush tank as I never got around to lengthening the hose provided by Thetford. A design shortcoming.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
A small watering can is a good idea but something else to carry.

We just use a small bucket with a pouring lip. It has a few different uses. We put the recycling in it when on site and put the chemicals and odds and ends in it when its in the locker. Also used for pouring dirty water into it rather than down the sink - such as left over tea from the pot and water that's been soaking a saucepan before washing.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I think Rio would have been wise to add a link to the product. I don't have much of a problem and a watering can works. But the Dometic filler is poor compared to theThetford. So would have liked to see it.

John

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
Fair enough, we're all entitled to our opinions and if other methods work for everyone then fine - personally I like it, I fill the flush tank from a Jerry can, which I have to lift with both hands so the fact that this funnel fits the inlet and stays there without being held in place is a bonus.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Fair enough, we're all entitled to our opinions and if other methods work for everyone then fine - personally I like it, I fill the flush tank from a Jerry can, which I have to lift with both hands so the fact that this funnel fits the inlet and stays there without being held in place is a bonus.

But which funnel and which loo?

John

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
Sorry John, I've got a Thetford loo with the half-moon shaped inlet, and the Thetford version of the funnel mentioned by Rio in the top of the thread - as in this Amazon link

As Rio said, it was the pick of the month in a recent PC gear round up, but I can't find it on the PC website

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
At £14 delivered very over priced when a watering can cost £1. I think we used something similar in the services called a desert lily. :D

Reactions: Hutch
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
At £14 delivered very over priced when a watering can cost £1. I think we used something similar in the services called a desert lily. :D

A bit expensive but cheaper elsewhere. The Dometic filler is really bad so a twist free funnel would be useful.

John

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site

BP
I use a 10 litre container of Adblue every 5000 miles - perhaps I should offer the empty containers to other caravanners when we go away.

Reactions: Jcloughie
May 7, 2012
Visit site
We use a small watering can and have had no problems with that. Before that we used a 2 litre jug but that was less successful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts