caravan towing electrics

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
:unsure: I have a problem. My caravan 13 pin cable has dragged on the road and severed 7 of the cables. I have done a temp. repair but thought I would be able to buy a new cable and run it. The caravan is a 2010 Sterling Eccles Topaz. Firstly the 13 pin plug doesn't seem to come apart. Secondly the cable has 2 plugs on the other end which plug into the back of the fuse box. The 13 pin plug would not be a problem as I can buy a new one that is screwed together making it easy to come apart and wire. My main problem is the 2 white plugs inside, one has 4 wires to it, the other has 8 and I can't see a way of disconnecting these wires from the plugs so I can connect a new cable. My thought is to use connector blocks inside the van and join the new cable there. Is this ok? If not I would welcome some advice please.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You could use connector blocks, or a better solution would be soldered joints inside the van, or crimped joints if done correctly.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When this happened to us I inserted fresh wires into each of the damaged wires in the 13 core cable and soldered both ends and sealed joins with heatshrink. So far no problems.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts