caravan towing electrics

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
:unsure: I have a problem. My caravan 13 pin cable has dragged on the road and severed 7 of the cables. I have done a temp. repair but thought I would be able to buy a new cable and run it. The caravan is a 2010 Sterling Eccles Topaz. Firstly the 13 pin plug doesn't seem to come apart. Secondly the cable has 2 plugs on the other end which plug into the back of the fuse box. The 13 pin plug would not be a problem as I can buy a new one that is screwed together making it easy to come apart and wire. My main problem is the 2 white plugs inside, one has 4 wires to it, the other has 8 and I can't see a way of disconnecting these wires from the plugs so I can connect a new cable. My thought is to use connector blocks inside the van and join the new cable there. Is this ok? If not I would welcome some advice please.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You could use connector blocks, or a better solution would be soldered joints inside the van, or crimped joints if done correctly.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When this happened to us I inserted fresh wires into each of the damaged wires in the 13 core cable and soldered both ends and sealed joins with heatshrink. So far no problems.

TRENDING THREADS