Caravan Towing Service

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I hate towing! Probably due to having a not too clever car to tow with, just seems so stressful, has anyone ever used a towing service to do it for you, just wondered how much it costs without having to mail the companies.

Martin.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Try Googling 'caravan towing services' and when you have clicked on one of the websites enter the relevant postcodes.

The one that I just did purely out of interest cost an eye watering

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Martin.

Towing is not everyone's cup ot tea and some do find it stressful.

I wonder if you would benefit from doing a towing coarse to give you confidence and as most of these are done through caravanning clubs, you would also be able to gain advice with regard to the tow car suitability.

One of my tips, is to not rush when towing and deliberately give yourself an hour per 100 miles extra time to reach your destination. That way you won't feel let down if you are late.

In our day to day work lives, time is money and the pressure's on.

By using my time scale you release the pressure and have fun, so what if you fluff a gear or drop to 30Mph up the hills your getting there eventually. I personnally drive at 55Mph on the motorway with the caravan on the back, so that the lorries can overtake and rush off. Funny thing is they only get from Bristol to Exeter 5 mins ahead of me.

Relax and make fun out of driving.

Steve L.

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Martin, they do exist, I saw an advert in our local dealers Highbridge Caravans, Somerset, depends on where you live I suppose as to whether there is anyone near you.

Bill D.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts