Caravan Trackers

The reason I ask is I have been told to get a tracker for my caravan but I am unsure as to what one to by and whether I need one at all, I have been told it will reduce my premium?

Any help would be great!

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi Caroline

I understand more insurance companies are now insisting on some form of tracker being fitted to caravans, however, not all of them do.

We had a tracker on our last but one caravan.....it didn't stop the van being stolen and heavily damaged before its recovery 5 days later!! We therefore refused to have one fitted to our next caravan, didn't see the point of paying

Thanks for that! My insurers have not yet specified how much my premium will be reduced by, do you know what the average reduction is? Also, do you know of any good makes and any I should avoid?

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
I can't remember now, TBH, but I don't think our premium was reduced by very much really.

As for tracker makes to go for or avoid, sorry Caroline, but I couldn't possibly comment! (for fairly obvious reasons, lol).

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Sue

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi Caroline

I understand more insurance companies are now insisting on some form of tracker being fitted to caravans, however, not all of them do.

We had a tracker on our last but one caravan.....it didn't stop the van being stolen and heavily damaged before its recovery 5 days later!! We therefore refused to have one fitted to our next caravan, didn't see the point of paying

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi Caroline

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not entirely sure what you mean, Pete. If you mean did they pay out....yes, they paid up in full for all repairs necessary to bring the van (just 8 weeks old at the time it was stolen) back to 'new' condition. They also paid in full to replace the contents stolen (all our personal possessions disappeared, apart from a pair of salad servers and a couple of Elvis cds...obviously not Elvis fans!!).
I'm glad the insurance paid out Sue. Thats one good thing. My Sue is an insurance broker so I know they will try to wriggle out of anything.

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi Caroline

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts