Jan 22, 2022
Visit site
Hi all. New to caravanning this year. In our caravan (Sprite Major 6) is a fitting on the wall near the TV aerial that I assume is designed to a TV arm bracket to fit into....but I have no idea what sort of bracket would fit into it. Does anyone recognise this fitting in the photo and could recommend a bracket that would work with it? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220122_154727_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20220122_154727_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    981.4 KB · Views: 27
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Gowzer. It is the same as that fitted to my Lunar. But I can’t tell you the make as the van is in storage.

John

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
It looks like an old Vision plus quick release one, whereby the old owner has kept the svivelling part on their tv. I'd be tempted to replace it with a new one.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Note that it tapers downwards so the mating bracket has a plate of similar shape and one drops into the other.

Funnily enough it looks exactly like the one on which the TV is hanging in our bedroom!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If it is the same as the Lunar one there should be a bracket that fits to the back of the TV but I think you have to get the specific make and unless you find something on e bay or similar I doubt you will find it. A Swift dealer may know the exact make, but beyond that I am not sure where you can find the bit.
This seems to be a common problem, as when we returned our last caravan with the drop down part in place, the dealer was surprised and did say most caravans they get have that bit missing.

Reactions: Gowzer1981
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If it is the same as the Lunar one there should be a bracket that fits to the back of the TV but I think you have to get the specific make and unless you find something on e bay or similar I doubt you will find it. A Swift dealer may know the exact make, but beyond that I am not sure where you can find the bit.
This seems to be a common problem, as when we returned our last caravan with the drop down part in place, the dealer was surprised and did say most caravans they get have that bit missing.
People forget to take it off the TV when they trade in the caravan. Probably loads lying around in garages somewhere . LOL!

Reactions: Raywood
Jan 21, 2022
Visit site
I would recommend you to replace this one to a normal Tv Bracket. This one seems weak to me, more tht that,even if you manage to find the right bracket it doesn't mean you can be 100% sure it will be safe.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
The bracket is in fact very strong. As I said earlier it’s the same as on my Lunar. I have tried Googling it without luck. It may not be straight forward to change it if, like mine, it was fitted during construction. I really don’t know how I would get to the back of mine to take it off.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I would recommend you to replace this one to a normal Tv Bracket. This one seems weak to me, more tht that,even if you manage to find the right bracket it doesn't mean you can be 100% sure it will be safe.
They are very strong Tv brackets as we had our 21" Tv on it for many years.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The bracket is in fact very strong. As I said earlier it’s the same as on my Lunar. I have tried Googling it without luck. It may not be straight forward to change it if, like mine, it was fitted during construction. I really don’t know how I would get to the back of mine to take it off.

John

It looks to be held in place by the two screws showing. Ours is just screwed into the woodwork with nothing the other side. We have an old portable which weighs far more than modern sets and has caused no problems so I doubt strength is an issue..

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site

I agree, I think this bracket has a plate on the inside and the bracket is bolted through to this, so not relying on wood screws into dubious surfaces. But I am not certain.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts