Caravan tv

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
We've just got a small Alba Kitchen TV which we take with us every time and another off sililar size which stays in the caravan , slim light weight HD both Freeview with DVD nothing expensive but does the job and both hook up to the son's PS4 :p

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I noted a couple of comments about some TV's having a distorted image when viewed from the side or when standing up ("polarised or negative image" being stated in one comment).

I am glad to say I have not experienced any of this on my Finlux, perhaps earlier models had a problem, I do not know, bit puzzling to me really :unsure: .

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
There will probably be other Avtex suppliers at the shows. Garmin were at a show, but I bought my Garmin satnav from another supplier with an offer on...
Incidentally you can also record to a USB stick, although the file system on my older Avtex is a little weird.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Anseo said:
I noted a couple of comments about some TV's having a distorted image when viewed from the side or when standing up ("polarised or negative image" being stated in one comment).

I am glad to say I have not experienced any of this on my Finlux, perhaps earlier models had a problem, I do not know, bit puzzling to me really :unsure: .

I think to pack in all the premium features (the same as an Avtex TV) Cello have had to use cheaper parts; that shows on the LED/LCD panel. TV and monitors have a polarising filter over the screen. the reason it is there is too complex for me to explain, but relates to the way light is bent by the liquid crystal display. Remove the filter and you would see no image, just a white screen. The filter on Ferguson/Cello TV must be cheap and correctly displays only at a limited viewing angle.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
Anseo said:

I think to pack in all the premium features (the same as an Avtex TV) Cello have had to use cheaper parts; that shows on the LED/LCD panel. TV and monitors have a polarising filter over the screen. the reason it is there is too complex for me to explain, but relates to the way light is bent by the liquid crystal display. Remove the filter and you would see no image, just a white screen. The filter on Ferguson/Cello TV must be cheap and correctly displays only at a limited viewing angle.

I have not viewed a Cello TV, so there must be a difference in designcomponents to the Finlux, I do not get image distortion from elevated or angled viewing positions thankfully.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Anseo said:
I have not viewed a Cello TV, so there must be a difference in designcomponents to the Finlux, I do not get image distortion from elevated or angled viewing positions thankfully.

Indeed; I get no similar image distortion on my LED Samsung TV. I think My old LG TV/Monitor (now exclusively used as a monitor) has the same distortion, but only at extreme angles, so not to the same degree as the Cello.

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
I think i will chat to different people when we visit sites to gauge preference, at the risk of being a boring person.
Avtex seems to be a lot of cash, but apparently picture is perfect, & no problem with angles when viewing.
At the end of the day, just being away in the van is entertaining enough for us at the moment, more research on TV's needed but no rush, thank you everybody for your input, it has been educational.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
GrizzlyBathplug said:
I think i will chat to different people when we visit sites to gauge preference, at the risk of being a boring person.
Avtex seems to be a lot of cash, but apparently picture is perfect, & no problem with angles when viewing.
At the end of the day, just being away in the van is entertaining enough for us at the moment, more research on TV's needed but no rush, thank you everybody for your input, it has been educational.

Grizzly, you are welcome to view and to listen to my Finlux 22" at the Fest
if you can wait that long.

Everyone has their own preferences and there is nothing better than comparing different brands etc.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts