Caravan v Camping & Caravan Club

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
its best to go to a few of there sites , they both take none members , and form your own opinions , asking for other opinions ,you will only get biased opinions to which club they belong , i am in the C C but i would not recomend one against the other

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi we are in both clubs have been for years we dont do weekend rallies but we do some holiday rallys which are very good value for money

ccc kids camp free in low season both have very good standards and you always get a good night sleep as they have no noise after 11 pm

as some commercial sites can go on till early hours and they dont give a dam about anyone else

hope you have some great hols which ever you choose to join

Nov 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi, We are also in both clubs camping and caravan we use club sites, caravan club we use only cl,s these are less pricey than both club sites but its entirely up to you , depends on what you want from them. We go for cl,s due to the price, we tend to caravan for weeks at a time and therefore expense plays a lot you us. It cost us far less each month on cls than just 1 week on the club sites.

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Gordon,

We were members of both clubs when we started out, with our 2 young kids. Came out of the CCC after a year, mainly because the playareas on the sites that we went to tended to be small and basic, 2 swings, slide, climbing frame, all of the same design.

Whereas the CC sites that we stayed at which had playareas were much better. A big consideration I'm sure you'll appreciate with your 3 kids.

We also feel that the CC toilet and shower facilities are generally newer and more modern. However, both clubs are spotlessly clean. We still stay at some CCC sites, just not a member of the club.

We read all of the opinions before joining both then made our own minds up based on our needs and experiences.

Have a great time, whatever you decide,

Alex.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Gordon

I echo the sentiments of other members. Both clubs also provide services such as caravan insurance and European travel.

Not to everyone's taste but try the local rallies at least once.

They provide a very inexpensive method of getting the most out of your caravan and both clubs organise events for children.

Some have had negative experiences of local rallies but you never know unless you try one!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks all, guess we'll give both a bash. I was unaware you could visit some sites without being a member.
Some years ago we were in a similar position with young children and so we visited both clubs sites as a non member to try and decide which club was best. We ended up joining both clubs and have remained in both clubs for many years now. They both offer excellent value for their members with many useful services available. We are very fortunate in the UK that we have 2 really good clubs to support our hobby

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts