Caravan vacums

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
otherclive said:
Dustydog said:
How much are these Duronics?
How long is each charge in maximum use?

£25-29 depending on model. Corded not battery power.
Considerably , considerably, cheaper than my V6. If they really do a good job .....who’s the fool :evil:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Craigyoung said:
The one we have is mains adaptor , as powerful as our house vacuum .
So it has its own power supply?

DD corded to the mains, 250 /180 volt ( before anyone starts on rhe voltage thing ) a lovely little bit of kit , ideal for a week away with dogs in a grass field.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Dustydog said:
Craigyoung said:

DD corded to the mains, 250 /180 volt ( before anyone starts on rhe voltage thing ) a lovely little bit of kit , ideal for a week away with dogs in a grass field.
So you do need EHU?
Ours is self powered for very good reasons.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dustydog said:
EH52ARH said:
Dustydog said:
Craigyoung said:

So you do need EHU?

We stliĺ have a dust pan and brush. Soddd orft.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Dustydog said:
EH52ARH said:
Dustydog said:
Craigyoung said:

So you do need EHU?
That would explain your housemaid’s knees :p

We stliĺ have a dust pan and brush. Soddd orft.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I really do hope these are as good as some are saying. I’ve just ordered one so I can keep it in Leicester for cleaning up my jobs mess when getting my dads place sorted. The continual negotiation over the Dyson was a bit wearing. Never in my wildest dreams did I contemplate being the owner of my own vacuum.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We were Dyson people, changed to a Panasonic, total rubbish, bought a Shark from Costco, Wow fantastic, for the house. But this Duronic v8 for the caravan is superb. Long handle a bit flimsy but the suction power, exceptional.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
We were Dyson people, changed to a Panasonic, total rubbish, bought a Shark from Costco, Wow fantastic, for the house. But this Duronic v8 for the caravan is superb. Long handle a bit flimsy but the suction power, exceptional.

Mine arrived today and as you say that 800w motor really does give good suction. Tried it on the mats near the garden door and it lifted a smaller one such that I couldn’t move the head back and forth. Impressed. It will be moving north tomorrow and OH can have sole use of the Dyson, I’m now independent as far as dust digging is concerned.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
otherclive said:
EH52ARH said:

Mine arrived today and as you say that 800w motor really does give good suction. Tried it on the mats near the garden door and it lifted a smaller one such that I couldn’t move the head back and forth. Impressed. It will be moving north tomorrow and OH can have sole use of the Dyson, I’m now independent as far as dust digging is concerned.

And only 1.8 kg. Great for the caravan.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
otherclive said:
EH52ARH said:

And only 1.8 kg. Great for the caravan.
Imo the car@van kit should be low voltage rechargeable particularly when odd grid. Additionally the Dyson allows easy caning of the car after the dogs have done the beach
For me caravanning is great with gadgets but not too many mains things which aren’t caravan friendly and weigh too much, the cord alone :whistle:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dustpan and brush off grid , but nearly never do that, this is the next best so far for us. Oh and tell that to Sproket. !

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Dustpan and brush off grid , but nearly never do that, this is the next best so far for us. Oh and tell that to Sproket. !

Same here but do have a cordless Hoover 18v handheld and now the Duronic. Problem is that the van rarely if ever gets cleaned on many trips. Used copies of the Times or foreign equivalent make a great carpet mat protector :)

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
otherclive said:
Arrived in Brecon yesterday thought we might steal 4 nights away. No such luck so may be packing up today. But I saw another half’ going to empty cassette. Welsh women made of stern stuff.

Dive, dive :)

I keep threatening the other half with toilet duty; but I am reminded that I am the caravan nerd. Anyhoo... after I fell over the a-frame when hitching up and damn near broke my wrist she should at least lean the theory!

Back on topic... We re-purposed the car vacuum for caravan use; a cheapie mains-powered handheld from Lakeland. It has a rotating brush bar for carpets and integrated brush nozzle. Fits perfectly in one of the lockers only about 2-3kgs. Only downside is the brush bar spins all the time so you have to be careful and the permanent hearing damage it causes... Using it in an enclosed space like the car needs ear defenders!

Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
I think we are now on our 4th one which is the dearest and worse one by G Tech hand held bought 18 months ago. Best one which was a Electrolux which had a floor type and handheld all in one, this must be around 1990. Eventually it wore out but I did convert it too a 12v hand held and it was great for many years.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts