Caravan valeting

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hello everyone, i have recently started my caravan valeting business in the Leicester area, my question is this, i have advertised in the local evening paper with very little response. i offer discounts for pensioners and the disabled, any ideas as to where i can advertise to capture the caravanning faternity? any advice would be gratefully apreciated. thank you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If it was me I would go round the caravan storage sites and ask if you can leave your card ,I think you would get a fair bit of business due to the vans being out in all weathers . I have been looking for a caravan valet for a whilr now without success. Good Luck

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Andrew. I have been thinking about doing this myself as I will loose my job soon. I was going to try the storage sites for some business and also try maybe a couple of car dealers and cater for both. I am a new caravanner, owned our van for about 5 weeks now. Having given it the clean of its life when we got it, we got a call yesterday (it is in storage not local at our parents at the moment) to say it was looking sorry for itself, black streaky and dirty. This is after 3 weeks of being left. This has now serioulsly put me in doubt wheter people will want to pay a good price for a valet if after 3 - 4 weeks it looks no better than when it was first done? I hope I am wrong but I think this is gonna be tougher than I thought...I hope you find some new business soon, as I say branch out, offer the service to cars, boats etc..anything to keep the money coming in. Good Luck

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Hello Andrew. I have been thinking about doing this myself as I will loose my job soon. I was going to try the storage sites for some business and also try maybe a couple of car dealers and cater for both. I am a new caravanner, owned our van for about 5 weeks now. Having given it the clean of its life when we got it, we got a call yesterday (it is in storage not local at our parents at the moment) to say it was looking sorry for itself, black streaky and dirty. This is after 3 weeks of being left. This has now serioulsly put me in doubt wheter people will want to pay a good price for a valet if after 3 - 4 weeks it looks no better than when it was first done? I hope I am wrong but I think this is gonna be tougher than I thought...I hope you find some new business soon, as I say branch out, offer the service to cars, boats etc..anything to keep the money coming in. Good Luck
Consider arranging a "contract" whereby you call around every 4 - 6 weeks and clen the outsdie of the caravan. This then gives you a "regular" income as you arrange for the payment to be done by standing order, i.e. a wash and clean costs

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts