Caravan valuation

Jun 8, 2018
Visit site
Hi.im wanting to sell my 2008 Bailey neptune discovery 5 but i dont know what its worth.its in excellent condition but i dont know how much i can ask for it. Does any body know how much its worth or a site i can go on.Cheers

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
Try these for a rough idea.
http://www.webuyanyleisurevehicle.com/caravan-valuation/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5OawqN2l3AIVQlXTCh1pWAM-EAAYASAAEgLplvD_BwE
Or google your model and year,as if you want to buy one.And see what they are going for.I do that with cars on Autotrader as a rough guide.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Try and find a caravan service company and ask if they have a second hand caravan trade price book and can look it up for you.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
LG57-UPS. said:
http://www.webuyanyleisurevehicle.com/caravan-valuation/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5OawqN2l3AIVQlXTCh1pWAM-EAAYASAAEgLplvD_BwE
Or google your model and year,as if you want to buy one.And see what they are going for.I do that with cars on Autotrader as a rough guide.

Just a word on those kind of sites.
Don't use them !!
They will offer you just above scrap value, they are a bad joke !!!!!

Ask your local dealer or look on the internet for others and you then have some idea what yours is worth.

Has yours got a full service history and recent damp report?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
LG57-UPS. said:

As per Damien avoid these "we buy" sites like the plague!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The trade use Glasses Guide but this is not available to the general public. Your best bet is to look through the various traders web sites and look at similar models to get an idea. The figures will be a bit high as they have to allow for some haggling though. Classified adds might help but they do not have the traders knowledge to fix a price.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As Ray and others have suggested its a question of looking at similar vans that are already for sale.

But be prepared, because others may not see the condition of your van the way that you see it, your "excellent" condition may only be perceived as good by others. Or the quirk that you have come to accept without thinking could be a deal breaker for someone else.

You could ask your local caravan dealer to value it.

May 27, 2014
Visit site
At the end of the day a caravan is worth what a buyer wishes to pay for it - I’d say around £6500 based on a quick look at autotrader caravans

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Looking at this months magazine a dealer was advertising Discovery 5's at just under £8,000. This will be high enough to give them negotiating room and allow for a guarantee so my guess would be you would be looking at up to £7,000 for a private sale.

TRENDING THREADS