caravan weights, nose weights, and tow bar weights

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am forever reading threads about people wanting to know all about the weight, what it should be what can I tow what about nose weight.
My hand book for the car states trailer weight should not exceed 1500kg the same car on the internet specs says the same. My towball max limit is 75kg.
I have just bought a new caravan and as I can see if i keep below 1500kg which are clearly shown on most caravans for sale then I am fine, I adjust the nose weight before each journey, job done seemples.
Of course there will be some wanting to make life dificult but it seem easy to me. Naturaly I weigh it the first week of ownership after that there is no need.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
If it's that easy for you, it presumes you passed your driving test before 1997, or passed a +E towing test, but in either case have a B+E driving licence - if you only have a B licence, it's not as simple as you think!

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Well that is one way of looking at things, but as you say some will want 'to make life difficult' I will therefore resist upsetting you by warning you its not quite that straightforward.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The whole topic of towing, weights and limits is discussed ad nauseum in other relevant sections of the forum, such as Towing and Driving Safety.
This topic is going nowhere here, it is in the wrong section and I cannot be bothered to move it just to re read everything already written.

Please use the search facility or just go back over the already posted comments in the other sections.

TRENDING THREADS