Caravan wheels

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
When we had our alloy wheels on the caravan balanced the weights added were quite large i.e. 120gms on one or two wheels, but average was probably over 70grams each.

I have since been told that generally caravan alloys, because of the limited number manufactured for a brand model, they are sand cast and not dye cast due to high cost of a dye. Not sure if this is true, but makes sense as it is very difficult to source a replacement alloy wheel for a caravan plus they come at a high cost. Apparently because the sand cast process is used the alloys would be heavier than the equivalent dye cast alloy?

As the studs are in a similar configuration to the wheels on a car, I wonder if you could use the alloys that would normally be fitted on a car? At present we have no issue with the alloys on our caravan.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
As the studs are in a similar configuration to the wheels on a car, I wonder if you could use the alloys that would normally be fitted on a car? At present we have no issue with the alloys on our caravan.
I would imagine that a twin axle caravan, having lower loads per wheel than a single axle, can get by with alloy wheels intended for use on a car, but heavier single axle caravans would need wheels designed for commercial vehicle application.

Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts