CARAVANNING IF YOU WERE RICH!!

G

Well put mcghee. Same here. I can't stand hotels and routines, a pair of board shorts and a good breeze keeps me happy. I went back to work this year for a few weeks.

Wouldn'y want to do it again!

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
mcghee said...Rich is a relative term. I have a rich relative! lol

I do agree that we do it because we just enjoy it. We started in the 70s with an old 2nd hand van, full of damp. Our tow car was a 10 year old Austin Maxi but we had great holidays.

Now caravans cost upwards of

Nov 7, 2005
Visit site
The question came to mind as I was watching the lucky girl talk about her big win...and good luck to her.

In my case, the answer to my own question is an emphatic NO and I wondered if others felt the same.

I have been fortunate enough to travel the world both on hol and on biz and i have stayed in great places and fine hotels.

But nothing beats the holidays we enjoy in our caravan. Nothing beats the freedom, the people, the relaxation, that caravanning provides.

Australians and Americans and many other foreign nationals seem able to embrace the spirit of adventure of the open road, but too many in this country frown upon it and sniffily think it's beneath them. Their loss, they're welcome to their Blackpools.

As BeemerMal says, we do caravanning because we enjoy it. Why on earth give up something you enjoy because you are rich. Just do it, more and better, I say...!!

(Must go, off in my caravan for a week now - can't wait!)

May 21, 2007
Visit site
The question came to mind as I was watching the lucky girl talk about her big win...and good luck to her.

In my case, the answer to my own question is an emphatic NO and I wondered if others felt the same.

I have been fortunate enough to travel the world both on hol and on biz and i have stayed in great places and fine hotels.

But nothing beats the holidays we enjoy in our caravan. Nothing beats the freedom, the people, the relaxation, that caravanning provides.

Australians and Americans and many other foreign nationals seem able to embrace the spirit of adventure of the open road, but too many in this country frown upon it and sniffily think it's beneath them. Their loss, they're welcome to their Blackpools.

As BeemerMal says, we do caravanning because we enjoy it. Why on earth give up something you enjoy because you are rich. Just do it, more and better, I say...!!

(Must go, off in my caravan for a week now - can't wait!)

I've had a dream now for a number of years.If I won the lottery I would convert a mini artic ( transit size with tanden axle trailer )to a luxury towing outfit which I would take all over the world.No I would not give up caravanning,the wife and I enjoy it too much.

But then they say that money changes you

Pat

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts