Caravanning near Beziers Canal du Midi

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
My husband and I are thinking of taking our caravan to France in October.
He fancies going to the Beziers area of Canal du midi. Has anyone been there in October, would you recommend it and do you have any suggestions on caravan sites?
Thank you

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
we go to a couple of places near to the canal midi.
On Thursday we are off to revisit Portiragnes plage which is about 10 miles from Beziers and very near to the canal. we have cycled to Beziers. We stay at les Sablons ( ACSI site 19 euros this year) and have done since the children were small. Another option is Carcasonne which is on the canal midi and about 45 miles from Beziers. We stay at one of two Acsi sites there. One is within walking distance from Carcasonne but not so pretty. The best one is about 2 miles from the canal and about 7 miles from Carcasonne but we have cycled there along the canal towpath. I think that site is windmill something or other. Both sites are in the ACSI book or can be found on their website.
hth's

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi, Maaradoch, I was hopeing you mihht get a few more replys as we are going down that way but in Late August. South of Carcassone, Quion, one of the things to watch is a lot of sites close in September, and sometimes , just on the spur of the moment if there is nobody there.
Hopefully this will get a few more people to post.
Hutch.

May 21, 2016
Visit site
We have not been caravaning for some years now but have stayed at Sablons which was good. There is a good site at Valras plage. With beach access. At Argeles s mer there is la sirene and its sister site across the road. I would have to get the maps out to remember the other sites

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts