Caravanning Pets

May 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

I know a lot of us caravan with dogs, cats and even budgies, but do any of

you caravan with other popular pets like Hamsters, Gold fish, Guinea pigsor anything similar?

If you do, can you contact email me at: matt.clark@haynet.com

Best wishes,

Matt

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Really Mark? I'll just have to go down the dealers and cancel the order for the new "end aquarium" van I was just about to purchase. Looks like Starskey and Hutch won't be coming with us on holiday after all!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Lo{pipe delimiter}

It best Starskey and Hutch don't go with you. As were are they going to put that red & white car they use.

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Now your just being daft Mark, you know full well that fish can't drive, it's hard enough getting them to ride bikes as it is.

;o)

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We take our Pet snake, beware of the snake on the door of the van keeps intruders away.

Those nosy noisy kids you find on some sites stay well clear when you ask if they have seen a six foot snake when they kick a ball near the van or make to much noise.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We take our Pet snake, beware of the snake on the door of the van keeps intruders away.

Those nosy noisy kids you find on some sites stay well clear when you ask if they have seen a six foot snake when they kick a ball near the van or make to much noise.
Excellent!

Lisa

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
We pitched next to and made friends with a couple at Blackmore who took their two pet tortoises with them. The pets slept in a box by the bed in the caravan and then had free range of the awning during the day or on the grass in a pen made out of two pieces of wood, if it was a sunny day.

May 23, 2005
Visit site

Cris,

Do you really take your snake on holiday with you? If so could you e-mail me on: matt.clark@haynet.com as soon as possible?

Thanks,

Matt

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Cris,

Do you really take a snake or is it just a ploy to keep the unwanteds at arms - or snakes - length ? If so how do you tackle the problem of any genuine herpetologist ? I only ask as a friend of mine - female and living alone - installed the type of door bell that also gave out dog barking noises, very popular about twenty plus years ago. The subterfuge was exposed when her neighbours young children, who had adopted her as a surrogate aunt, kept asking to see and walk 'Aunties' dog !

Mike E

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
The snake belongs to my wife and is a few inches over six foot, she is in control of it and we have a warning on the door and front and rear window of the van say that a "Snake Lives In Here, BEWARE".

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The snake belongs to my wife and is a few inches over six foot, she is in control of it and we have a warning on the door and front and rear window of the van say that a "Snake Lives In Here, BEWARE".
Cris,

Thanks for your reply - that must be better than any hitchlock, wheelclamp or even loaded shotgun !

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
At Elm Cottage in Cheshire a Trailer Tent rally pulled up one Friday night.

One unit fitted an awning whilst the 5 kids took a ferret, a polecat and a dalmation dog out for a walk.

Strangest pets i've ever seen during my caravanning years.

Steve

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
My Parents caravanned many years back with their two cats on harnesses and leads. The two cats would be by the door waiting to go when the caranning gear was got out and my Dad put the van on the drive. A soon as the Van door was opened the "boys" were in. Always travelled on the car back seat but loved the van.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
I think this is the third time PC have asked this question so I thought I'd dig up my reply from 7 Jun 2005 10:37PM .Appologies to those who have read it before.

We take our pet hedgehog (spike) away with us all the time.We rescued her one day when we found her pinned to the ground by another hedgehog,she must have been in distress judging by the noise she was making.She travels in the caravan in an open topped box and seems very happy, apart from the time I had to stop suddenly and we found her velcroed to the front pelmit . Another time during a friends buffet I took my eye off her for a second and she was gone,after an hour of frantic searching we eventually found her hiding on the table camoflaged with cheese and pineapple.We will even take her away with us at Christmas to the New Forest, even though its a bit cold for her,as she comes in very handy for cleaning our boots.....Brian.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I think this is the third time PC have asked this question so I thought I'd dig up my reply from 7 Jun 2005 10:37PM .Appologies to those who have read it before.

We take our pet hedgehog (spike) away with us all the time.We rescued her one day when we found her pinned to the ground by another hedgehog,she must have been in distress judging by the noise she was making.She travels in the caravan in an open topped box and seems very happy, apart from the time I had to stop suddenly and we found her velcroed to the front pelmit . Another time during a friends buffet I took my eye off her for a second and she was gone,after an hour of frantic searching we eventually found her hiding on the table camoflaged with cheese and pineapple.We will even take her away with us at Christmas to the New Forest, even though its a bit cold for her,as she comes in very handy for cleaning our boots.....Brian.
heheheheh!

We took our pet hamster Charlie touring around Scotland with us this year (well, that would be my son's hamster), and also have taken the 2 kittens on a rally one weekend as they were only 8 weeks old, as they couldn't go to a cattery.

I have been on a rally where a tortoise was in a little fenced off piece by the tow hitch of a van!

I forgot to add, while staying at Stirling CC site (Blair Drummond) we were pitched next to a Danish family. They thought that Charlie was great, and when they were talking to their children about him, it was funny listening to this torrent of words and then "hamsterrrrr" in the middle of it! It seems they are called hamsters there too!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

we used to take our hamster and 3 dogs away with us, unfortunatly the hamster died of old age when we were on holiday in Norfolk one year. He escaped one night and travelled 3 rows down on the rally field. He climbed into the awning annexe where the owners grandchildren were sleeping, and decide to crawl into one of the sleeping bags. The children woke there grandparents screaming that there was a ginger rat in bed with them. We had a tap on our window about 2 in the morning from the rallye officer asking if we had lost our hamster there he was all settled in a tea cosy. We were very luck to get him back especially as the family had brought there large black cat with them for the 2 wks holiday.

Julie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts