CARAVANNING WITH NEW PUPPY/DOG - ADVICE/TIPS PLEASE

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Dear All,

We are going away over the October half term and this will be the first time caravanning with our new puppy.

She is 13 weeks old and although house training is going well she is still not 100% reliable.

Can anyone who caravans with a dog/puppy give me any advice or tips. Particularly regarding nights as we are unsure what to do with her. I was planning on placing her bed in the doorway of the caravan and then 'cutting' the area off with her crate with newspaper in for her 'business' (obviously also leaving a water bowl down as well) but hubby thinks she would be fine outside in the porch awning in her bed.... (her bed is one of those house bed so has 4 walls and roof with opening at front - but I'm worried she'll be to cold.

Any help / advice / tips on caravanning with a dog/puppy would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks fellow caravanners/campers...

Alibongo1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Alison,

I think if your little dog is used to sleeping in a warm house she will feel the cold.We collected our Pom, Ruby, last year when she was 8weeks old and my husband also thought she would be fine in her bed at night in the caravan but he quickly changed his mind when he saw her dithering with cold, he feels the cold too!!!!!!!! He used an extending lead and let her out frequently,she soon got the idea.However I have to say now that we are retired we wake up at intervals through the night so it wasnt an issue.Now both Poms know the drill,"WAKE DAD"

Good Luck

Sandra

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts