Caravans and Accessories etc.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am confused as to why we can write the names of Caravan Manufacturers and there van names but cannot give the name of caravan mover equipment. Pls. can you give me an explanation.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Sorry, but don't understand. The only no-no in mentioning company names is if posted in an uncorroborated complaint or criticism, which could be deemed libel.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That seems a sensible precaution for PC

But corroboration could limit the expression of real concerns and just how a seconding opinion could be expressed without synchronised posting is a point to ponder.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Moderator - I am referring to forum "Equipment & Accessories" topic "Motor Movers" it would appear to me that in this topic we are not allowed to mention the supplier of Motor Movers.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Shiraz

I still don't understand what point you are trying to make. The only time I would edit a post mentioning a company (motor mover or whatever) by name is if it was part of an uncorroborated complaint or dispute with the company.

For legal reasons these are best negotiated direct with the company and kept out of the pubic forum to avoid possible litigation.

I would only remove the company name, and not the whole thread.

If I've misunderstood your point, please explain.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I tried to reply yesterday but the site was playing up and wouldn't accept the posting.

It would seem that the posting in question was removed and a subsquent one sanitised with no names was posted and allowed.

I asked if I had replied on this website or A N OTHER and got the reply that it was this site and that the thread was removed for the naming reason.

I had replied with more cases of trouble with the product so that is why I said earlier in this thread about synchronised posting to qualify for corroberation.

I'm just trying to tell it how it appears and obviously the moderator has the final word.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I understand what you are trying to say in your post. but removing posts because they could be libelous leads to the post becoming ambiguous particularly when members have not followed the topic from the beginning.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
I understand what you are trying to say in your post. but removing posts because they could be libelous leads to the post becoming ambiguous particularly when members have not followed the topic from the beginning.
I don't remove whole posts because they could be libellous. Wherever possible I only change the name and leave the complaint.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I honestly can't see the argument here. Surely its obvious that if Haymarket allow their site to post libellious complaints against a company they have no dealings with they are under the law as much to blame as the complainant. Haymarket have no proof that what is posted is the truth, for example the complainant might be a person with a grudge against the company for being sacked by them. If it is a genuine complaint take it to a Court of Law then if you won your case you might be allowed legally to post their name because the complaint as been proved/upheld in your favour.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't remove whole posts because they could be libellous. Wherever possible I only change the name and leave the complaint.
Well it would seem that for a person to enter into your forum you and only you can be judge, jury and executioner. you should listen to Gilbert & Comic Operas particularly the Mikado

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts