Caravans can go free - Poole/Cherbourg

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
At the moment Camping Cheques are advertising a 'Caravans go Free' offer with Brittany Ferries on the Poole/Cherbourg route. Details are as follows:

Travel midweek during low season from Poole to Cherbourg (12:30 outward or 08:00 inward) and your caravan (any length!) will travel FREE!

This is an exclusive offer for Camping Cheque clients and means a package of 3 Cheques plus a return Poole - Cherbourg crossing with Brittany Ferries could cost as little as £298 with your caravan travelling at NO CHARGE (any length).

This is offer is valid for all new bookings from 1st December 2009. Please call a member of our team on 01580 214002 to make your booking today.

Low season is:

outward:

1/1/10 - 27/5/10,

30/5/10 - 8/6/10,

12/6/10 - 21/7/10 and

20/8/10 - 31/12/10.

inward:

1/1/10 - 4/6/10,

7/6/10 - 12/6/10,

15/6/10 - 30/7/10 and

31/8/10 - 31/12/10.

Midweek is all week EXCEPT:

outward: Friday night

inward: Saturday afternoon and night

This seems to be worth looking into further, for anyone who is able to use this crossing.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
In previous years we have found the Caravan Club appear to offer the best deal on Brittany Ferries taking minimum of 7 Camping Cheques from them. We have already booked Dover-Dunkirk for our summer holiday but are considering a Feb/March Winter Sun trip depending what the consultant says about my dodgy knee next week. So might be interested in Poole -Cherbourg if price is reasonable. Caravan Club offers on Brittany Ferry deals not available yet according to website so will wait until these are available.I think the CC are doing Camping Cheques on the Gold Card though this year.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Chris - despite the 'Front Page' of the Caravan Club stating that Brittany Ferries prices will 'Be coming soon' - they've actually been available for a couple of weeks or more.

You can certainly get a quote up to the end of March.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Hi Val - have tried to do a "dummy" booking online to get a price. Go into CC website, sign in as a member, got to Book Ferries Online, then two options Book A Ferry or Book Site(s) & Ferry. Choose latter because this is the option for Camping Cherques but 2010 dates not coming up. Do you know another way round? Managed to get a price for out midweek Feb and back Midweek March for

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Many thanks Val - have now obtained various quotes from Camping Cheques for car under 5m and van under 7m at different times of the year and weekend and mid-week sailings. They are all coming up at

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Sorry just re-read your original post re:-

All the sailings that I obtained quotes for were outside the one's you have listed.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Sorry just re-read your original post re:-

All the sailings that I obtained quotes for were outside the one's you have listed.
Furthermore- just got a quotation online direct from the Brittany Ferries website for midweek sailings out and back Feb/March and they want

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Sorry meant as a reply not comment:-

01:29 PM Furthermore- just got a quotation online direct from the Brittany Ferries website for midweek sailings out and back Feb/March and they want

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
In February I would have thought the 'high-road' through Clermont Ferrand/Millau is more likely to be at risk from snow - but we've not done that way in February but friends have been stuck up there at February half term. We did use that route at the very end of March, one year, and it was fine both coming and going back - but in April we had snow on the same route!

I think you're likely to be right about the Cherbourg route being less at risk of poor weather - but I'm not particularly familiar with that route.

At the moment the weather seems to not 'fit the pattern' - we've just come back from near Carcassone where we had heavy snow, then the Costa Brava, and there was such an unusual amount of snow over most of Spain that there was a whole hour long special TV programme devoted to reports from around the regions. We don't normally watch daytime TV in Spain, but it was on in the restaurant where we were eating, and everyone was saying how unusual it was!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
See my post re the Barfleur service being axed. I doubt any of these offers will apply from ap[ril 2010 as there is no ferry service from Poole to Cherbourg after then.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
It almost sounds as if this was just a way to try and attract some quick money - they must have known several weeks ago that the service was to be axed. I do hope that no one booked this crossing following my posting - or hope that instead they're offered a replacement crossing on one of the other western routes.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
See my post re the Barfleur service being axed. I doubt any of these offers will apply from ap[ril 2010 as there is no ferry service from Poole to Cherbourg after then.
Update from my local paper: The high speed vitesse will run April to September but the length limit is 6m overall and there will be additional services Portsmouth to Cherbourg and N Spain.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts