Caravans listed by MTPLM?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm advising some friends who are thinking of buying their first caravan.

We have established that they want to buy a secondhand, single axle, 4-berth probably not more than 4 years old.

They want better than an "entry level" van, but not a luxury model.

Does anyone please know whether there is a website anywhere which shows caravans listed by MTPLM?

They have a Toyota RAV4 car which seems to have a kerb weight of around 1490Kg so I am advising them to look at vans no heavier than 1300Kg. (OK I know about the 85% recommendation).

In order to simplify their search all we need now is to discover a list of all 4-berth vans with an MTPLM less than 1300Kg. They can then research particular models and search local dealers for the resulting short-listed vans.

Can anyone advise, please?

Thanks

Chris

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chris,

The named web site offers a wide range of van weight data, but don't take it as gospel.

I know they strive to be correct, but as with most of the third party sites, there may be errors in some entries, and it certainly isn't fully comprehensive.

Always check the data with the registered dealer or manufacturer

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
The very own PC mag has all uk and some eu vans all listed by manu and all have all weights and all other sizes, best place to start. Also shows all laytouts. After reafding these pages for a couple of hours asuming they know what layout they will have a short list to view

Kevin

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
The PC layout guide is not accurate! It's ok as a starting point but check the layout with the manufacturer before before travelling to view a van.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts