Caravans with a useful user payload

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
I am looking to buy a caravan to replace our camper. We are a family of five and like active holidays, which means lots of kit. A caravan with 150kg of user payload would be ridiculously limiting for us. What caravans of modest size have a sensible user payload, say 500kg upwards? We would be looking at buying something approximately 10 years old. I would be towing the caravan with a heavy 4x4 and so a maximum weight of up to 3,500kg is fine, though I'd prefer it a lot less. (I regularly tow trailers of this weight.) I have seen a few vans on ebay with a useful payload, but haven't figured out any pattern yet.

Many thanks

David

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Caravans with over 500kg useful payload are few and far between. The only ones that I'm aware of are the 2 Dethleffs Vari models, the 530/2DB (max. payload 798kg when uprated to 2500kg MTPLM) and the larger 580/2TK (max. payload 708kg when uprated to 2500kg MTPLM)

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
It seems that caravans with a suitable payload are available, but far from common. The two suggested so far seem to be current models? Are there older, cheaper options?

David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts