DJM

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Wendy,

Have a look at this website and enter your car and caravan details. This should help you. - http://www.whattowcar.com/

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Kanga

As I don't want you to look like a complete fool, I'll give you a little tip, next time you type 'hear, hear', you should actually be spelling it 'here, here'.

As stated in my previous posting, in another subject, your spelling is improving but it still needs improvement.

It must be awful to be in your situation, plenty to say, but a lack of communication skills.

Regards

Lh

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello wendy,

I have only just looked at the forum to-day, and thus have missed your plea for help.

First of all I am sorry to understand that you have had some sort of accident, and I hope that no one was hurt.

Among all the posting you have received some very sound advice was given by Lord Braykewynde: The content or advice of this forum would not carry any significant weight in a court case. You must seek professional expert affidavit, or be able to present verifiable or validated facts.

Now down to the information you have supplied, which was not very concise, I have had to trawl through numerous new topics to find what your question really is but here goes.

Your car is an 02 ford Focus estate 1.8 Diesel Ghia My source of information suggests that there were two engine variants which have two different towing capacities: 1.8 90Ps diesel has max towing weight of 1200Kg whilst the 1.8 115PS diesel has a maximum towing capacity of 1300Kg.

I have no figures for the Bailey so using yours it has a MTPLM of 1237Kg

Assuming you have loaded the caravan to its maximum, then it would be too heavy for the 90PS car, but OK for the 115PS engine.

However, there is another piece of information that you need, which I do not have access to, and that is the Focuses Maximum train weight.

In most cases, if you load a car to its maximum permitted weight and then add a caravan equal to the cars maximum permitted towing weight, the two combined may exceed the cars maximum train weight, so simply looking at an individual figure can be misleading.

The other problem that I cannot help with, is how much load you have added to the car and the caravan. If you consider that the caravan pay load must include the gas bottles, battery and all the kitchen utensils, power cable, water and waste containers etc, then the 224Kg can be easily swallowed up.

Based on the information I have (which is not verified or validated) It looks as though your outfit is marginal, but without a weigh-bridge no one on this forum can give you the answer or support you are looking for.

YOU MUST SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP. TALK TO YOUR SOLICITOR

Jul 30, 2005
Visit site
Kanga

As I don't want you to look like a complete fool, I'll give you a little tip, next time you type 'hear, hear', you should actually be spelling it 'here, here'.

As stated in my previous posting, in another subject, your spelling is improving but it still needs improvement.

It must be awful to be in your situation, plenty to say, but a lack of communication skills.

Regards

Lh
No lh I am saying hear as in you must listen, and said it twice to make sure it sunk in.

perhaps you might like to send the same message to the samurai warrior? and even yourself as yur spileng it carp ut is

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts