Carcassonne Camp Sites

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Planning holidays for August next year - would like to visit Carcassonne for 3 - 5 nights. We have looked at Campoeole de la Cite but this seems to have mixed reviews. Does anyone have any personal experience of this site or are able to suggest a good alternative. We have twin axle caravan - 2 children aged 12 and 7.

DJM

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at La Nautique at Narbonne which is not to far from Carcassone. Ideal for the children and the pitches are big enough for a twin axle with private bathrooms on every pitch.

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
We stayed at La Nautique at Narbonne which is not to far from Carcassone. Ideal for the children and the pitches are big enough for a twin axle with private bathrooms on every pitch.
Thanks for the response DJM, I'll have a look at that one as we had intended travelling on to the med after Carcassonne so we could kill two birds with one stone.

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Having stayed at both sites the year before last I have to say we much preferred "La Cite" to "La Nautique". At Nautique we were given a small pitch heavily overshadowed by huge pine trees. Then during a thunderstorm we discovered our pitch was in the path of a stream.

Our pitch at La Cite was huge and grassy, but the best thing is a short walk along a pleasant river towpath takes you to the Cite itself, it is close enough to see from the site.

Obviously though if you want to see the sea, La Nautique is the only choice.

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Having stayed at both sites the year before last I have to say we much preferred "La Cite" to "La Nautique". At Nautique we were given a small pitch heavily overshadowed by huge pine trees. Then during a thunderstorm we discovered our pitch was in the path of a stream.

Our pitch at La Cite was huge and grassy, but the best thing is a short walk along a pleasant river towpath takes you to the Cite itself, it is close enough to see from the site.

Obviously though if you want to see the sea, La Nautique is the only choice.
Thanks for your comments. It may be that we will do both - a few days at La Cite and a few days by the coast. The reason we looked at La Cite initially was it's proximity to the town i.e. within walking distance.

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for that info David. Your caravan travels are always a good source of info. Just so you know - we called at Petite Suisse in Belgium in Whitsun of this year after checking out your appraisal and were very pleased with it. Lovely location - did not think much of the Brussells ring road though!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts