cardac bbq

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Mike

Her indoors does not like the smell of onions and garlic in the van so we have a small cadac, that bans me to the great outdoors. Its a great bit of kit, but I would hardly call it a BBQ as there is no lava rock. but it cooks just as well and is easey to keep clean. so much so we have a larger one we use when we are at home.

Good cooking

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike

We would not be without ours-just the job for the caravan. Certainly echo what David has said above-we find in the confines of a caravan if you are not careful what you are cooking the taste and smell linger for ages. In fact as long as the weather is reasonable we only use the cadac

G

It took me a while to adapt to the cadac......I dont tend to use the traditional barbecue type top (i.e.wire grill type). I tend to use the flat top with the lip on the edge...fantastic for bacon, sausage and egg in the morning. I find the heat/gas control knob a complete waste of time....if you turn the gas too low it blows out if it is at all breezy, so you tend to run the gas full on, but then you cant slow cooking down by rasing the height of the food.......I give it 5/10.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Bob

Yes you are 100% right re gas control I endorse your method of useing it. its the weekest point on an otherwise excerlent piece of kit

Good cooking

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike

I have a Cadac and like Bob and Dave tend to use the Griddle or the Frying surface. They can be a bit tricky to adjust the flame, but have a small viewing hole to do this. I have managed to do it without the flame blowing out(not in a Gale). If the flame is set lower you can move the food to the edge of the cooking surface for less heat, using the centre over the flame for more heat.If some food is cooked it can be stacked at the edge whilst continuing to cooking food for longer in the middle.So easy to clean compared to a BBQ.

Regards Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have the full cadac system and i think it the best, if you have trouble with it going out . clean the jet out in the stem. i use the gas bottle knob to ajust the temp as well.

I do curry, spag bowl chill ect on the wok. the flat pan with the lip is good for frying, you may find when you have cleaned the jet out that it cooks more evenly too.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
we would never be without our cadac, its transformed the way we cook when away, no more smells and mess in the van, no more time wasted cleaning every surface in the van after cooking a simple meal, just take the cadac to the pot wash area and 5 mins later its all done. to solve the blowing out problem we just put up the windbreak to stop the wind blowing it out, really simple.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
to stop the cadac blowing out when set low get a empty 2 litre soft drink bottle cut it in half then cut off the neck and put it over the stem on the cadac and everything is ok.

stuart

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Mike

All depends on what you want we have the full monti for home use but have the small one with folding legs when out in the van both are good but with only the 2 of us why take the larger one.

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
We have got the the small one and it is adequate for the two of us. Instruction booklet is not good and I am not sure it is worth the money. Flame control is none existent as you cannot see it when lit. Had some very tough steaks!

Score 4 out of 10. Would not buy another

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
John

OK yes lifes not perfect, As a farmer I would say if your steak was tough you more than likely over cooked it and you should never eat beef that has not been dead for at least 3 weeks and very dark in colour. Beef should never be eaten when it is bright red.or has been wrapped in cling film or on a plastic tray. but still have fun.

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
David

Now I am always the one to love listening to the expert, better still a practical domonstration sound even better. I could bring my shiny new Cardac to the party and you could bring the cow!!!

ttfn

Norfolk Mike

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Mike

you old boys in norfolk ad better not come to Suffolk for your meat case there be a rouw, anyhow I is afraid to come to Norfolk arter dark I ered what you lot get up to withthem cows. me I prefer a good old bit o sow meat atween a good old slab of bread.

Have fun

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
As Crusader says the best price I could find was Riversway with the added bonus they replaced a damaged delivery immediately with no hassle and later too when a plastic handle broke.

Agree with all the plus comments on usage. We never do anything inside the van now unless wet and no awning up or too damn cold.

Slow cooked chicken on the ribbed griddle and full english bkfst on the flat side. Wow - can't wait to use it again!

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Mike

you old boys in norfolk ad better not come to Suffolk for your meat case there be a rouw, anyhow I is afraid to come to Norfolk arter dark I ered what you lot get up to withthem cows. me I prefer a good old bit o sow meat atween a good old slab of bread.

Have fun
fort it was turkeys that we ad dificulty with

ttfn

Norfolk Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts