Carlight wheel

Jun 27, 2022
Visit site
Hi. I’m trying to find a spare wheel for a Carlight Cassetta. It’s a 1976 model with 5 stud hub.
Anyone have any idea where I could find one or an alternative that would fit?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I would try the Carlight Owners Club who I am sure will be happy to help and you might want to join them. Carlight were a very small firm and went out of business a good while ago, information elsewhere might be sparse.

Reactions: Solexine67

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
I am pretty confident that they would have used a standard wheel, therefore try to determine what you need.
If the other wheel is steel the spec, size and class ought to be stamped on it.
If alloy then things get more challenging though the tyre will give the diameter and width info and using a rule will yield the bolt, pitch diameter, bolt size and with the use of a batten the "dishing" depth.

Jun 27, 2022
Visit site
Hi. Yes determining what wheel they used is proving difficult. It's a 5 stud, with as far as I can determine a 100mm pcd.
However someone on another site said it was a 5 inch pcd.
100mm and 5 inch are very different!
I've scanned the wheels and cannot find a size or similar anywhere on them. I just need a spare for when I eventually get the thing on the road.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Make a carboard template from your cereal packet, 5" in diameter and place that against the wheel or brake drum as a means to readily see if the bolt PCD is that. Assuming here you can access a compass to mark one out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts