Carnon Downs

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
It's also got a large nice garden nurseries in the village.

Handy to Falmouth, 7 miles or Truro, 4 miles.

Two downsides. The first is if you are going in the winter the dog walk isn't brilliant. It will be quite muddy then. The other is the roundabout. The A39 outside the site is a busy road and you will get noise from lorries etc. changing down for the roundabout. Inside the caravan it's hardly noticeable.

The above wouldn't stop me going again though, especially in the summer when the dog walk will be dried out although even then it's not the best dog walk I've come across.

The last time we went we had a fully serviced pitch which was large and close to the showers that jo-anne mentioned and are probably the best shower blocks I've seen/used. Again, the serviced pitches we were on was next to the A39 but the road noise didn't bother us. If you are going in the winter I wouldn't think it would you either as you're not likely to be sat outside, knotted hankie on head, rolled up trousers and supping a Stella :O)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Nice explanation LB. Did it come from Jo-Anne's book? LOL.

We have booked it for xmas new year. I had assumed the walks along the river wouldn't be to bad. Wellies seem mandatory.

Looks like the dogs will be getting plenty of baths!

Cheers

Dustydog

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Quote Dustydog .. 'Nice explanation LB. Did it come from Jo-Anne's book?'

No problemo Dusty, I'm not infringing copyright. As jo-anne will tell you, most of the reviews in her book are what I've wrote. As of yet I still haven't had my share of royalties for writing them :O(

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Nice explanation LB. Did it come from Jo-Anne's book? LOL.

We have booked it for xmas new year. I had assumed the walks along the river wouldn't be to bad. Wellies seem mandatory.

Looks like the dogs will be getting plenty of baths!

Cheers

Dustydog
Hmmmmmmm, I don't recall seeing a river on the park DD.

Are we talking about the same place. If it says there's a river in jo-annes book then I didn't write that review :O(

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
LB

Their website boasts you can walk to the River Fal, one of many things within walking distance. I assumed that may be a good walk for the dogs? If it's on a road then that's no good for me and Pinky and Perky.

I'm hoping Jo-Anne will post some pics from herbook showing her last visit. I've baggsed the first signed copy. LOL.

Cheers

Dustdyog

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Yes, I've just looked at that DD and how they class a round walk of 6 miles an easy stroll I don't know especially as it gets hilly near the Fal which has tidal mudflats. That is how far it is to Loe beach near Feock. Again looking at Google the Fal is over quite a few fields. Maybe there are public rights of way. If you remember let me know how you get on.

An inn that Her Ladyship has fancied having a meal in for years is the Norway Inn on the road to Falmouth. In May we had a look at the prices but they aren't in the same price league as Toby Carveries so she'll just have to keep wishing .. heh! heh! heh!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
LB

I ate at the Norway about 7 years ago when I had a job in Truro. The food was good but as I was on expenses I didn't pay much attention to price. Now we pay ourselves I like the Tobys but try and go for BOGOFs'. See the White Pyramid just outside of St Austell.

I'm hoping the weather will be cold and thus the ground hard rather than boggy. Doubt I'll do a 6 miler over wet terrain.

It's our wedding anniversary on xmas eve so I guess SWMBO will want something a little more special than a Toby.

I'll see if there's a KFC in Truro. Ha Ha.

Cheers

Dustdyog

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi Dusty Dog, the site is a great site to stop at the loos are fab and pitches large, try and get a pitch away from the road, (to the right as you drive into the site) it will be quieter.

The 6 mile stroll to the river is not such a stroll, and at xmas you may well need your waders rather than wellys, and the walk (stagger ) back after visiting a very good water hole the punch bowl and ladle is quite a job,

Kev

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts