Carvan Alarms

Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
We have to fit an alarm for insurance reason. I have limited DIY skills. Can anyone suggest a simple (and cheap) system that I can install. Many thanks Dane.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I purchased a ' shed alarm ' from a police station, part of an anti-crime initiative, though they can also be bought from B & Q.

About

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Hi Dane

Make sure you check with your insurers, as my alarm had to have a door contact, tilt sensor and PIR. The light on our PIR is so small that you don't notice it. The keypad does have a light on it, so make sure you position it so you can't see it when you are in bed (like mine, through the mirror!!!)

I bought a kit from www.towsure.com (sorry can't remember name) for around

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My insurers, M.C.I.A., only seemed concerned that I should have a wheel clamp and hitchlock of an approved type. I presume the post code of the storage site was also taken into consideration. Having had the 'van broken into twice at two sites I checked with the police before moving onto the present one to find out what they knew of it. Their reply was that they knew nothing about it which, they pointed out, was all to the good - they only got to know of sites where there had been trouble. No news is good news. The alarm and flashing L.E.D. were fitted as deterrents in the hope that they will put any casual thief off trying - I do think that if a thief is determined little short of a starving Rottweiler will do the trick. Having read of a 'van taken from someones drive by being lifted onto a low loader clamp, lock and all would even that suffice?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
not just postcode considered, but value of caravan. a lot of companies now are insisting on a tracker systym if over a certain value.caravan guard insisted on a one for my caravan,caravan club did not.so youll find different companies want different security levels.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Tina, i think thats where i bought mine from!! I just can't find the receipt. I bought the caravan new in Oct last year and as normal had to buy stacks of other stuff too, so i can't remember where i bought different items from. My memory is just sooo good!!

Chris P
yeah know what you mean,am on my first van and this cheap holiday lark is proving quite expensive so far with all the gizzmo's!! then I havnt a clue what to do with em anyway !!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts