Carver cascade 2, hot but not much water

Mar 4, 2020
Visit site
I'm hoping someone might be able to help me here. I can't find anyone with this problem after researching. After previously having no problems all of a sudden I'm getting very little hot water. The water is nice and hot and I've been waiting longer and longer for the water to get to full temperature but there's still only enough to have the quickest shower before it gets tepid. Good volume of water, plenty of gas, burner seems to work fine. Any help would be appreciated

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
The man for these is Gary who runs a repair and help service on all things Carver and the early Truma. Here is a contact which given time gets him:

The issue you describe could possibly be because the external water at this time of the year, comes into the boiler so cold?

Mar 4, 2020
Visit site
The man for these is Gary who runs a repair and help service on all things Carver and the early Truma. Here is a contact which given time gets him:

The issue you describe could possibly be because the external water at this time of the year, comes into the boiler so cold?

Thanks for the reply. I've been letting it heat up for 45 mins and still the same amount of hot water to 20 mins. I'll give Gary a try, thanks for the link

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I've been letting it heat up for 45 mins and still the same amount of hot water to 20 mins. I'll give Gary a try, thanks for the link

But, the cold water displacing the hot, and some inevitable intermixing, is at this time of the year very much colder, so the amount of usable shower water would be less. Less both from the boiler, and from a need at the shower mixer of more hot water to offset the cold mixer feed, it is loose and loose till outside things get warmer.

Mar 4, 2020
Visit site
That makes sense, maybe I'm expecting too much from it then. I only started using it last July so it was a lot warmer. Would you think that 60 to 90 seconds of hot water is normal this time of year

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Off the cuff yes, but I neither know the Cascades capacity, how it intermixes within that when delivering or how much water flow you use etc.
Caravan showering with few exceptions is nothing like a domestic situation, IMO the only viable option with our Alde system is to use it to wet yourself, turn off lather up and sponge all over then water on again to rinse off. A different show experience but does the job with capacity in hand, wife takes hers at least 10 to 15 minutes later, but uses more than I.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Yes that's what I've been doing really. It's 9L and heats to about 70' I think so it has to mix with cold to be comfortable. I appreciate your time, thanks

Using your figures and assuming the cold water in the Aquaroll is at 8 C and you shower at 42 C, then you would have about 16.4 litres of showering.
Eight C, is of course still not as cold as now it is likely to be for a morning shower, so that calc is optimistic.
Doing the same on a 20 C day, you would have 20.4 litres of showering.
Again in summer, people generally tend to go for lower than 42C, so the showering quantity available is greater.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We shower for about 5 to 10 minutes, then leave 15 to 20 minutes to reheat then whoever showers last gets the rest. Never use Site showers, wet floors, etc. Thats why we bought a caravan with a shower.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As JTQ points out, the Cascade heater is a storage water heater and is not designed to provide instant hot water.

The tank holds 9L (2 Gallons), and it will take between 20 and 30 minutes to heat a full tank from cold (10C) to around 65C. In the gas only versions of the heater, the top halve of the tank tends warm quicker than the bottom, because of the position of the heat exchanger fin pack. but the electric element in the GE versions is sited at the bottom of the tank and will produce a more even temperature throughout out the tank.

Using both gas and electric heating at teh same time will shorten the heaters recovery time.

Because hot water rises above cooler water the hottest water collects at the top of the tank, This means if cold water is forced in at the bottom it will force the hot out of the top.

Water at 65 to 70C is far to hot fort skin contact so it has to be diluted with cold at the taps.

Provided the user was frugal, the Cascade was reckoned to be able to provide up to two consecutive showers when combined with cold water mixed at teh shower head.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts