Carver Cascade Heater /Thread Size?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2018
Visit site
Hi to Damian and others for all the info on the pressure valve. I did indeed use a cleaned up tow bar bolt to clean the thread after following the advice on removing the old valve using the hacksaw blade.
You guys have saved me a mint thanks and keep up the good work.

May 28, 2024
Visit site
I never bothered with the hacksaw blade technique. I gauged the whole size was approximately 10mm, so I very carefully drilled out the old thread, leaving just over 1mm of old plastic to remove
It was just a matter of slowly plying the remaining plastic away from the thread, eventually it came out in bits
A good vacuum followed by cleaning the flange carefully where the rubber washer sits of limescale, apply silicone grease, when fitting the new one, and it now works perfectly again

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This must be a record a 14 year old thread whose last post was six years ago 😂
Is it not possible for threads to be locked after a set period, but still remain accessible for information?

May 28, 2024
Visit site
This must be a record a 14 year old thread whose last post was six years ago 😂
Is it not possible for threads to be locked after a set period, but still remain accessible for information?
Yes I quite agree, but somehow I managed to add my comment
Although the thread is 14 years old my caravan is even older!

Reactions: otherclive

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I have locked this thread. In answer you your question OC, there is no automatic mechanism that I know of, to lock threads after a certain period of inactivity. Sam and I would have to do it by hand, a thread at a time. Life’s too short.
Mel

Reactions: otherclive
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts