Carver Cascade Mk 2 - Ignition Problem

Aug 8, 2005
Visit site
I have a Cascade Mk2 water heater fitted to my Lunar Delta caravan(approx 15 years old). When I turn on the wall switch to ignite the boiler there is no response (no clicking sound) and the boiler will not light. The green light stays on permanently and the red light does not show, to indicate ignition failure. I am wondering if the problem is the wall switch and if so can it be replaced ?. The fault could be elsewhere and I would appreciate any suggestions and details of where spare parts can be obtained. I have been told that the older type of wall switch has now been replaced with the "Rapide" wall switch. Would this fit my caravan system?

Robert

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Robert, Most probably the module that has failed, you can get a serviced exchange unit and all the advise on these heaters from www.arcsystems.biz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks George for the intro, Bob telephoned and the problem in this case is unusually with both the burner module and switch.

As a foot note, the later type 'Rapide' switch is now very difficult to source new but as with the older type both readily repair as do the burner modules.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks George for the intro, Bob telephoned and the problem in this case is unusually with both the burner module and switch.

As a foot note, the later type 'Rapide' switch is now very difficult to source new but as with the older type both readily repair as do the burner modules.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had this after cleaning the caravan. I took the cover off from outside and you can see the jet.

Make sure no debris or water is around it.

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Whoops three posts? the laptops touch pad is sensitive this morning!!... either that or I've got the shakes??
Your welcome Gary, what's with the multiple posts?? Been on the falling down water have we??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Your welcome Gary, what's with the multiple posts?? Been on the falling down water have we??
I don't know George but I tapped the pad once? and the next thing there were three posts??

As for falling over water, St'Andrews Guest bitter at the local this week, this being Scottish I have found compliments the Glenmorangie rather well..Hic!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts