Carver Fanmaster - fan will not stop!

Mar 8, 2005
Visit site
Help! Our old van's 1800 Carver was working fine until the off switch on the conrol panel had no effect and you cannot turn the fan off. No matter what the setting the fan runs on. We in desperation removed the control switch and took out the 12v feed terminal. But then the heater does not work without a 12v supply. We thought it was the control panel unit itself that was the problem and changed that but the fan still runs on. This canes the battery if not on a hook up of course. Some say that we need to change the pcb in the heater itself, but we do not want to spend a lot of money on an old van and are looking for a simpler solution. Anyway it looks a pig of a job! Any ideas anyone?

G

It's is indeed the main control pcb that needs repair/replacement, but, it's the fan motor that has caused the damage so also needs replacement or the same will happen again.
I can do all this for you and send it back with a 12 month warranty if that's of interest to you?
www.arcsystems.biz

Mar 8, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Gary, it had defeated my powers of deduction so at least I know what it is now. Can you quote me a ball park price please? Going out in it next week and perhaps will place an extra remote switch in circuit to cut out the fan when required. Will using it with fan running continuously like this do any further damage? And will everything else work? Probably cold next week! How hard is it to remove everything? Many thanks for your helpful advice Gary (both to me and all the others...).

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The best bet would be to email Gary who could then give some idea of the price of the job.
smiley-wink.gif

The email address and contact details are on the arc systems website available via the link in Gary's post.

G

better to ring me as I'm very busy and not much time for emails, 07901 544431, I don't/won't quote prices on forums but I can say I have fixed prices with no at least hidden extras so you know where you are exactly

Mar 6, 2006
Visit site
Hi John,
We too have an old van - 1993! We have had occassion to use Gary in the past and are delighted with his work, turnaround time, and prices, and would use him again - until we upgrade!
Removal of the unit is simple - some self tappers holding the ducting pipes onto the rear of the unit, and 3 screws holding the unit onto the rear of the fair unit, use a small mirror if you cannot locate the bottom screw - then the whole unit lifts out.
The repair he carried out for us with our PCB has proved 100% reliable - heat when you need it.
Owain.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......yes Gary is the man for all things Carver.
He has renewed a rusted gas burner for my Carver 3000 Fanmaster warm air heater recently.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks guys for your very kind words, it really is humbling, but Owain, don't dispair quite yet? I do cater fully for the latest Truma 'air' heating if not the water side of things!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts