Carver Fanmaster

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi my 1999 abbey iona has a carver Fanmaster fitted with a fused switch stating Fanmaster heater - when switched on the little red diode glows - I've chosen elec auto fan with the thermostat on full - there doesn't appear to be much heat if any coming out of the duct - am I doing something wrong folks - ps just noticed that the electric water heater is not heating the water though the little red diode on the switch is glowing

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The red indicator on the mains switch only tells you that power is available at that point, it does not tell you that power is going to the appliance.

When using the electric part of the fire the heater must be allowed to heat up before switching the fan on , otherwise the fan draws cold air over the elements and reduces the heating effect, then once warm the fan should be set to 3 and no more.

As far as the water heater is concerned if it does not heat the water after filling the system with water, then it is most likely the element has failed.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am glad it was that easy...…..and cheap !!!!
It always surprises me that for any given situation almost automatically the worst is feared and long lists of what may be wrong are given.
Quite often the very simple remedies are overlooked, possibly because it is assumed the basics have been tried without success.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts