Carver heater

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I have a carver 5500 turbo master room heater built into the caravan as standard. When I light it up and run the heater on gas it vibrates or gives of a low humming drone noise. This could be air caught in the system,but I would have thought that the pressure of the gas would dispell the air with time. The heater work's fine apart from this awful drone.

Any idia's

Rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Rob,

It sounds like you have case of the flue length being just right for the flame to resonate just like an organ pipe. Speak to your dealer who may be able to change the length of the flue just enought to remove the resonance. Some times just repositioning the pipe run can make a difference, but beware, beacuse it is a powerfull heater the flue must be correctly secured to prevent overheating of nearby surfaces.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Rob,

It sounds like you have case of the flue length being just right for the flame to resonate just like an organ pipe. Speak to your dealer who may be able to change the length of the flue just enought to remove the resonance. Some times just repositioning the pipe run can make a difference, but beware, beacuse it is a powerfull heater the flue must be correctly secured to prevent overheating of nearby surfaces.
Hi John,

I failed to mention that I have owned the van 30 + months and did not have the problem at the start,It has only appeared in the last 12 months.

Rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Rob

That last bit of information does change things a little, but the symptom is still "organ pipeing".

Have you had the fire serviced? - There could be a couple of things taht may need cleaning or adjusting. If you are using Butane, there can some times be a buidld up of a white residue heoung the gas injector in the burner,

or,

as caravan heaters are often unused for several months at a time, spiders or other insects can get inside the burners. Both these possibilities can affect the way the gas and air mix in the venturi causing a change in the way the flame burns.

In either case the heater needs to be serviced. Do not attempt this yourself unless you are corgi registered. Failure to observe this may invalidate your insurance.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Rob

That last bit of information does change things a little, but the symptom is still "organ pipeing".

Have you had the fire serviced? - There could be a couple of things taht may need cleaning or adjusting. If you are using Butane, there can some times be a buidld up of a white residue heoung the gas injector in the burner,

or,

as caravan heaters are often unused for several months at a time, spiders or other insects can get inside the burners. Both these possibilities can affect the way the gas and air mix in the venturi causing a change in the way the flame burns.

In either case the heater needs to be serviced. Do not attempt this yourself unless you are corgi registered. Failure to observe this may invalidate your insurance.
Hi John.

Serviced September last year by NCC registered caravan repair centre. I will inspect to see if the creepy crawlies have been at work. Yes I do run on butane,so that's another possibility.

I inspected the blown air pipes yesterday and found that the small 12v portable hoover was leaning against one of the outlet pipes. I have removed this and I am going to check it over the weekend. Process of illimation, or adapt and overcome!!

Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts